• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FM Stations Affected by the 2017 TV Band Repacking Plan

The yearly SBE picnic is a private event for SBE member engineers and friends/family. Usually held after the Vashon Strawberry festival, which is the weekend of the 21-23.

The Engles car show is the best time to stop by the 710 transmitter and take a look for the general public. That is August 20, I'll confirm the date. The price for admission to the Island is around $25 with ferry fare (round trip car and driver) and gas (fill you tank before you come to Vashon). If your going to come out I would come out during the car show so there is plenty to do to justify the cost. It's free to leave the Island.

You can always send me a message to see about checking out the 710 site. If there is time we can go around the corner and see the KEVR/KXA now KFNQ/KTTH site. Go to KVI beach and soak up the rays under one of the oldest still in use, standing broadcast towers in the country.

Thanks. May take you up on that one day. I've lived just across the water for the better part of 60+ years and have never been on the island. My daughter goes over there to referee basketball at the high school now and then, which is as close as anyone in the family has managed.

Sounds like some cool stuff! One of these days I'd also like to get up to Cougar and West Tiger to take a look at the FMs as well, as well as most of the studios around town. I've gotten to tour Christa when I was about 10, and I've seen a good chunk of the iHeart facility. Other than that, I've only seen KCPQ channel 13.

Sounds like some cool stuff! One of these days I'd also like to get up to Cougar and West Tiger to take a look at the FMs as well, as well as most of the studios around town. I've gotten to tour Christa when I was about 10, and I've seen a good chunk of the iHeart facility. Other than that, I've only seen KCPQ channel 13.

I've been into the KCPQ facility one time up on Gold Mountain with another master control operator and an engineer during a field trip while I was working there. Was too bad it was a cloudy day and the tower kinda disappeared into the clouds. They have their Aux tower and doppler radar there as well. I think that's the reason why KCPQ chose to stay on physical channel 13 when the digital switchover went into effect. The repack has no effect on them, and so the newer 91.7 FM operation on that tower won't be affected either.

That sounds interesting. I always forget to put Gold on my bucket list since I don't listen to or watch anything up there. I found the studio building in Seattle to be a little strange, though couldn't put my finger on why.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom