• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Claude Hall passes

DavidEduardo

Moderator/Administrator
Staff member
I just got an eMail from Rollye James saying that Claude had passed away early this morning after suffering a fall a few days before.

Many of us "old timers" remember Claude as the editor of VoxJox in Billboard for many, many years. He was a fixture at the Billboard conventions and conferences and a friend to all of of us who programmed and sat behind the mike.

Claude, rest in peace. We remember you fondly.

Claude Hall Dies

Rollye James, editor of the VoxJox radio blog informed subscribers:

I received this from Claude Hall's son Andy this morning:

Claude died this morning at 12:02 am at Sunrise Medical Center after complications from a fall earlier in the week. His family was with him and loved him dearly. He loved his friends, students, and colleagues. He remained proud of radio and music stemming from his days listening to radio as a kid. He sent out his obit by accident in February of 2016... But this time... He has joined the radio waves he so treasured. He was proud of his books that he wrote.... Which he would like you to read.... Available on Amazon Kindle. We are planning to have a memorial luncheon in his honor in the near future.

Sorry to read this. His contribution to the industry will not be forgotten!

I love looking back and reading the old VoxJox columns on David's site. I guess you really made it when you made it to VoxJox.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom