• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

United Cable Woodhaven headend, 1991-92

mvcg66b3r

Star Participant
From the Michigan Buzzboard:

Here's another recntly-unearthed early-90's Detroit-area vintage cable lineup for you to drool over. Taken from the Downriver Things That Are Not There Anymore! Facebook group.

United Cable Woodhaven headend, 1991-92 (last lineup right before this headend was acquired by TCI)
2-WJBK (CBS)
3-Local Origination
4-WDIV (NBC)
5-Prevue Guide
6-Sneak Prevue
7-WXYZ (ABC)
8-QVC
9-CBET (CBC)
---basic lineup ends here---
10-HSN
11-ESPN
12-CNN
13-TNT
---premium lineup begins here---
14-Encore
15-Action Pay-Per-View
16-Pay-Per-View I
17-Pay-Per-View II
18-HBO
19-Showtime
20-PASS
21-Disney Channel
22-Cinemax
---premium lineup ends here---
23-USA Network
24-American Movie Classics
25-The Discovery Channel
26-Lifetime
27-Comedy Central
28-The Nashville Network
29-VH1
30-MTV
31-A&E
32-Nickelodeon
33-Mind Extension University (a network I've never heard of before, has anyone heard of this network before?)
34-TLC
35-CNBC/FNN (shared)
36-The Weather Channel
37-CNN Headline News
38-E!
39-The Family Channel
---basic lineup continues here---
40-WNWO (ABC, Toledo)
41-C-Span I
42-C-Span II
43-TBS
44-Public Access
45-WXON (Independent)
46-WGN (national feed, Chicago)
47-Woodhaven Government
48-Woodhaven-Brownstown Schools
49-WGPR (Independent)
50-WKBD (Fox)
51-WTVS (PBS)
52-CICA (TVO)
53-WGTE (PBS, Toledo)
---basic lineup ends here---
54-KEC63 audio (NOAA Weather Radio)
55-Prevue Guide
56-Sneak Prevue
57-CTND/ACTS (ACTS is another network I never knew existed, has anyone heard of the ACTS network before?)
---premium lineup continues here---
58-The Movie Channel
61-Spice Pay-Per-View/Travel Channel
---premium lineup ends here---
62-TBN

Gibraltar had this same lineup, Trenton and Riverview had almost the same lineup but without a couple of channels, WNWO among them.

Back then, this headend could be reached at 382-1500 or 675-8300 and pay-per-view could be ordered at 675-8301...all of this, of course at this time, in area code 313.

http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/v...&sid=c71b8c7743134b88dacc48bf0745cad4#p557187

Not having access to that board, I'll post my reply here. The mysterious channel 33 Mind Extension University or MEU was operated by Jones Intercable first as a remote classroom, where a teacher would do lessons on screen and students would call in or otherwise communicate their answers and fax in their completed work. When I saw it, kids in remote places in Alaska seemed to be a main target.

Aside from that, MEU also ran other programs aimed at adults. Mostly documentary stuff. And a few computer-oriented shows like "@Home" and reruns of exPBS Computer Chronicles if I remember right.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom