• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Eric Powers new PD/PMD at Hot 103.7, Sir Mix-A-Lot to mornings

From the trades...

"We're so excited to have Eric Powers on board to lead Hot 103.7. He is the guy who made all the songs Hot 103.7 now play, hits in the first place," said Dave Richards, VP of Programming and Operations, Entercom Seattle. "With two local Seattle icons, Sir Mix-A-Lot in Mornings and Powers in afternoons, Hot 103.7 is ready to launch into the next stratosphere."

Awesome. Amateur in AM and Puker in PM.

In all seriousness, I understand why they did it. A gold/recurrent based station like that needs something to break up the monotony of hearing the same 200 songs from 20 years ago over and over. Trading a mediocre morning host and Kristin The Island Girl for a voicetracked (I assume) Sir Mix A Lot and a PD/PMD host who has label relationships and is a known commodity...not a bad move.

Nice, you trash them, then on the other hand commend the move.

Congratulations to Eric and Tony. Eric was instrumental in elevating KUBE to the summit back in the day.

Awesome. Amateur in AM and Puker in PM.

In all seriousness, I understand why they did it. A gold/recurrent based station like that needs something to break up the monotony of hearing the same 200 songs from 20 years ago over and over. Trading a mediocre morning host and Kristin The Island Girl for a voicetracked (I assume) Sir Mix A Lot and a PD/PMD host who has label relationships and is a known commodity...not a bad move.

Tell Dr. AQH where Eric touched you in the ratings.

Actually, I think it's Deanna Cruz who's out in mornings. That would be the third morning show that Hot has had since launch.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom