• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WSNE's edit of Despacito

I was listening to WSNE last night and I heard a downright bizarre edit of Despacito by Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber. While the first minute or so was left unscathered, the chorus hits and then it gets interesting. One line of the chorus (Querier desnudarte a bests despacito, Que le ensenes a mi boca, and hasty provocar tus gritos) are all omitted, with the song simply skipping onto the next line. Additionally, a moderate amount of Daddy Yankee's verse is omitted and the line "I just wanna hear you screaming 'Aye, bendito!" is as well. Perhaps most notably, at the end of the song, the original lyrics are replaced with a section of Daddy Yankee's verse, but in the end the same last word of the original song is heard, sung by Bieber: despacito. While I suspect the reason why "Despacito" has been cut short is because most of the song is in Spanish, they omit a line in English too, so that idea is cancelled out. Any other ideas as to why they did this?
--Tom

That song is getting a lot of play. Saturday alone I heard it on BOMBA-FM 5 times. BOMBA is our Spanish station here in Hartford. MEGA 101.7/910 (sister to BOSTON's MEGA 890) the other Spanish station in Hartford plays both the version with Bieber and the version with out Bieber. I've heard it on our Hip-Hop station HOT 93.7 and our CHR station KISS 95.7

I wasn't asking why they play "Despacito" (although it is a bit odd given the station typically doesn't jump on currents until they reach top 10/15 on Hot AC), I was asking why do they omit seemingly random parts of the song.

The Bieber version is the remix, last time I checked.

There are several label released-to-radio versions of the Bieber colaboration.

There are several label released-to-radio versions of the Bieber colaboration.

I thought they were all dance. I'll look into it. Either way, it gives the southern part of the Boston area THREE versions of the song playing: the original (103.3), the version that skips from Daddy Yankee's verse to "this is how we do it..." (Kiss), and the even shorter version (93.3). In the southernmost areas of the market (Plymouth area), a fourth version, the version without Bieber, airs on Latina 100.3 from Middletown (near Newport), RI.

Speaking of 93.3, I turned on my radio randomly during the overnight daypart and heard the full version of Despacito on 93.3. They have done this Day parting maneuver before though. Last spring (back when they were an adult CHR), they Dayparted the Sean Paul version of Cheap Thrills to overnight (and morning as well).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom