• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Newsmax Adds Radio Hosts Schnitt, Root to Lineup

Y2kTheNewOldies

Walk of Fame Participant
http://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=n34354

Two veteran radio talk hosts are bringing their shows to independent news and information channel Newsmax TV. Beginning immediately, "The Schnitt Show" and "WAR Now: The Wayne Allyn Root Show" air weekdays. Schnitt airs on about 60 affiliate stations through Compass Media Networks beginning at 3pm weekdays and Root's show is a joint venture with USA Radio Network.

"With Newsmax TV, our reach becomes even wider," said Schnitt. "I'm very happy to be joining the lineup of smart, entertaining broadcasters that are making Newsmax TV the premier destination for informative news and opinion."

"I am so appreciative to Newsmax TV and USA Radio Network for bringing my brand of conservatism, populism, nationalism and high-energy, in-your-face, small businessman's common sense to the entire country," added Root.

Coming soon to Newsmax

It fills up air time and might lead some of the radio audiences to check out Newsmax TV.

Newsmax changed it's prime time lineup, moving JD Hayworth strictly to daytime, and placing another radio host, Joe Pags, in the 8PM slot. I suspect JD was tiring of the long days doing a daytime show and then a live show in prime time.

Newsmax bought brokered time in a lot of markets last year to air 'Prime', generally on independent stations. It likely was an effort to tap into some election year ad cash. They also were on some subchannels. They've seemed to pull back from both those methods of distribution this year. I'm not sure the channel is going to get much more clearance, but anything can happen with the changes going on at Fox News.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom