• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lost a friend because of The Cosby Trial

Can you believe I lost a friend because of The Bill Cosby Trial? Inside Edition posted on their Facebook Page a story about how Cosby is going to be holding a class about how not to get accused of sexual assault. I posted my comment "It's garbage that he's doing it and I'm glad Aisha Tyler on The Talk went off about this story".

Minutes later I get a private Facebook Message from a from a friend of mine I know it's a Cosby Supporter. He told me "I can't believe you think he's guilty just because the media thinks he's guilty. Goodbye." Before I could send him a response he blocked me.

So in response to him blocked me on Facebook, I blocked him on Twitter and deleted his account from the Retail Message Board where I am an admin/moderator. I made it so he can not register for a new account.

A little childish, don't you think?
Banning him from the Message Board for personal reasons seems to be an abuse of your administrative authority.
Unless he has violated the rules of the Board, I'd let him back in.
Just my personal thoughts.

i bet you disagree with his political views too, i'm sure the aftermath of the Cosby trail was the friendship's breaking point, but i bet it might had started with this past election, if one of y'all was a trump supporter and the other was a Clinton supporter, it may had caused a rift between you and your friend. i bet he was the Trump supporter and you were the Clinton supporter. that whole presidential election helped divided us than any other time in recent US history.

Last edited:
He overreacted by blocking you on Facebook, but you exacerbated the issue by blocking him and removing him from the message board. I agree with Frank that you should reverse his removal on the message board and would add that you might want to unblock him on the other platforms. This isn't worth losing friends over. If he doesn't want to re-establish contact, then so be it, but at least it won't because of anything you did.

A little childish, don't you think?
Banning him from the Message Board for personal reasons seems to be an abuse of your administrative authority.
Unless he has violated the rules of the Board, I'd let him back in.
Just my personal thoughts.

That's why we love ya, Frank!
The prior management of this board banned me for a lot less than THAT!

Marc did not ban him from THIS board, I assume it was a FB board he created or has control of.

1) Cosby could be re-tried. He is an idiot for doing this from a legal standpoint.

2) Cosby is an idiot. The only reason he is not in jail already is the statute of limitations ran out on most of the crimes he was accused of, AND some he admitted to ( putting roofies into drinks IIRC)

3) I control 3 FB groups , 1 radio related that has over 6000 members, and 2 related to the Boston Transit System.
I have no problem banishing anyone from them, 99.999% of the time I have good reason to, but if I am spending my time creating content,
moderating discussions, and performing the administrative tasks such as vetting the members, I get to choose who I want to see, and if someone blocks me from seeing their posts, they are banned from the forums.

"There are 3 things I have learned never to discuss with people. Religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."

Maybe I need to expand the list a little.

I reached out to the dude via email. He apologized for blocking me. I apologized to him for banning him from the Retail Message Board. We're on good terms again. I unbanned him from the Retail Message board, but that didn't reinstate his account. I sent an email to one of the other admins and he's going to look into it.

Anyway 99% of the time I respect other people's opinions (sports, politics, etc), but you have to draw the line somewhere. I blocked a guy on Facebook I had been friends with for 13 years going back to when we started working together in the Fall of 2004. He crossed the line when he told me that the only legit news organization was INFOWARS/ALEX JONES and that he agreed with what Jones said about Sandy Hook. He also told me that his political views are right an mine are wrong.

Last edited:
Anyway 99% of the time I respect other people's opinions (sports, politics, etc), but you have to draw the line somewhere. I blocked a guy on Facebook I had been friends with for 13 years going back to when we started working together in the Fall of 2004. He crossed the line when he told me that the only legit news organization was INFOWARS/ALEX JONES and that he agreed with what Jones said about Sandy Hook. He also told me that his political views are right an mine are wrong.

You seem to understand that everyone can have an opinion and you are free to agree or disagree (or be somewhere in the middle) with it. It is, after all, an opinion. It could be fact or fiction but it is a valid opinion.

I had a friend going back to when we were co-workers in Noo Yawk in the early 70's. We were very close friends. Eventually, and years later, both of us wound up in the same city. He decided that I wasn't living my life according to his standards but he didn't tell ME that - he told my wife (and included a bunch of his opinions which had no basis in fact). As you can imagine this crossed the line and I eliminated him from my life. That is the ultimate transgression. If you have a beef with someone bring it to them and talk it out. Agree to disagree if you must but don't go behind their back and voice opinions that are not facts.

I am happy to hear you guys are back on track. Even though things like religion and politics can get very emotional it isn't worth losing a good friend over.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom