• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sinclair to show children's programming starting July 1

Hmmm...a typo in there. CBS isn't partially owned by Time Warner.

Cartoon Network is owned by Turner which is owned by Time Warner.

There is a chance that some of the Turner cable channels will be sold or spun in the AT&T purchase of Time Warner. That may be what you're referring to.

Also Sprout will be renaming itself Universal Kids in September.
CW is owned by CBS and Time Warner. Or was. That could also be it.

But as far as Mickey Mouse is concerned... while most younger folks today probably have never heard of Steamboat Willie, Fantasia, or even the original Mickey Mouse Club, he's still the corporate trademark, and his likeness is everywhere. Kids still buy Mickey and Minnie toys, even though they've never seen them in a cartoon.
Mickey Mouse did have Saturday morning cartoons on ABC starting in 1999 and for several years. So it's not as unlikely as you might think.

Beakman is on at 7 & 7:30 and Bill Nye is 8 & 8:30 Central so looking at schedules they could show Beakman (I see at 8 is CBS programming)

Hey I see a week from Sunday (7/23) you get 6 hours of uninterrupted MeTV starting at 11AM (no golf on CBS that weekend)

Which means that WREG CBS 3 will fill the time with nothing but infomercials. I hope this is something that Sinclair will change when they take over but it won't surprise me if it's as bad or worse.

I'm still floored that MeTv/Weigel allows WBBJ to hold it hostage while only showing like 4 hours a day of programming. But in their defense they (WBBJ) have to provide at least 5 Mbps for CBS per their contract (Its been posted here before). Could they take a couple Mbps from ABC and give it to a full time MeTv? Sure they could. But I guess they dont want to (or their contract with ABC says they have to use X amount of Mbps like it is for CBS....but according to rabbitears Bahakel's ABC in Columbia SC they use less bandwidth for ABC than they do for WBBJ)

The only reason that I can see why Wiegel is putting up with WBBJ is because they don't have any better options in Jackson. :mad:

Mickey Mouse did have Saturday morning cartoons on ABC starting in 1999 and for several years. So it's not as unlikely as you might think.

The Disney channels are still running Mickey Mouse related shows: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Mickey and the Roadster Racers on Disney Jr. and 2000's era Mickey Mouse cartoons as filler on Disney and Disney XD.

Last edited:
I'm surprise that there is no toy ad's, Trixs, Lucky Charms, Frosted Flakes, Corn Pops on Kids Click other than Chuck E Chesses and The Values ad's. And just promos for the shows Sinclair should get Mickey D's Happy Meals others on broad for Kids Click just saying is all.

I'm surprise that there is no toy ad's, Trixs, Lucky Charms, Frosted Flakes, Corn Pops on Kids Click other than Chuck E Chesses and The Values ad's. And just promos for the shows Sinclair should get Mickey D's Happy Meals others on broad for Kids Click just saying is all.

There were laws passed that govern the type of advertising in children's programming.

There are still plenty ads aimed at kids on Nick, Cartoon Network, and Disney XD, although there are ads aimed at the parents as well. I always thought it would be funny for the to be an ad during Tom & Jerry for D-Con. :)

I think the laws were strictly aimed at broadcast TV, not cable.

I think that's true as well.

And even were the laws less strict, I'm not sure if I were running Mickey D's ad buying that I'd consider this a place I need to invest the company's money.

Seems like the last hour of Kids Click airs the same EP's 2 weeks in a row then their is a new EP The New Pink Panther & Packman which I enjoy both cartoons. When it's repeats I just watch something else but that will change once College Football returns in a couple of weeks.

The article in and of itself, no. Sinclair knew that going in--it's not anything remotely new in 2017. At the same time, declines do not mean there is no audience. And by going ultra cheap, they took a flyer on something with minimal risk.

When I was a kid there were Sugar Pops, Sugar Smacks and Sugar Crisp.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom