• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

92.3 translator now rebroadcasting KYOK 1140

Mediafrog+

Walk of Fame Participant
Noticed earlier today that the 92.3 translator on the north side is now rebroadcasting KYOK. They are including references to the "New 92 point three FM." The station had been running separate announcerless/adless Urban Gospel for a number of weeks.

Oh wow so they were on with no legal ID or primary station? It's good they're doing it right now.

Flipped over to K222CX a few times today while driving around. Signal is weak, even at my home ~4 miles northwest of the supposed Old Town Spring transmitter site. Audio is overmodulating, along with a very loud constant 60 cycle hum.

Take note, Guel... this is how a translator is supposed to operate! LOL

Flipped over to K222CX a few times today while driving around. Signal is weak, even at my home ~4 miles northwest of the supposed Old Town Spring transmitter site. Audio is overmodulating, along with a very loud constant 60 cycle hum.

Take note, Guel... this is how a translator is supposed to operate! LOL
The only translator in the Houston area that seems to cover what they're supposed to is K258BZ.

Meanwhile the dial in San Antonio is rather quiet. I can think of at least 4 or 5 open stations. They are 90.5, 96.5, 96.7, 98.1, 101.5, 107.9.
Of course if some LPFM stations get built and translators get moved, most of those will be filled. But right now it's a lot opener than Houston is.

Maybe it'll result in Dabang moving from 105.3... one can hope, I suppose!!
But that will also interfere with 103.7 Air 1 and 105.3 is only reducing their power so I suspect that won't happen. What might happen is they restart their LATINO SPORT RADIO. And let's not forget they're also trying to move 102.5 closer to houston.

Last edited:
You are going to have another foreign station adjacent real soon. K273CW just got approved to propagate on 103.5 in the Galleria area. Radio Locator says they will rebroadcast Radio Sangeet KBRZ-AM. Impressive coverage map. https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=K273CW-FX&s=C

K273CW is not a "foreign station". It is in the United States and licensed by the FCC.

The radio-locator maps have to be interpreted: only the innermost red contour is anywhere close to the "usable" coverage where a station will get actual listeners. If the signal covers a portion of the targeted Radio Sangeet audience, it is useful; otherwise it is a bad, bad directional signal in an 11 county metro area.

K273CW is not a "foreign station". It is in the United States and licensed by the FCC.

The radio-locator maps have to be interpreted: only the innermost red contour is anywhere close to the "usable" coverage where a station will get actual listeners. If the signal covers a portion of the targeted Radio Sangeet audience, it is useful; otherwise it is a bad, bad directional signal in an 11 county metro area.

Why do you spend your time telling some people about how these stations aren't foreign? These are the same people that I'm pretty sure they're complaining about how K287bq is reaching Spring Tx. I'm pretty sure if it had a OLDIES format this wouldn't had been the same case.

Why do you spend your time telling some people about how these stations aren't foreign? These are the same people that I'm pretty sure they're complaining about how K287bq is reaching Spring Tx. I'm pretty sure if it had a OLDIES format this wouldn't had been the same case.

I couldn't care less about the format - these translators, specifically K287BQ, are impeding on full-power licensed stations. If I tune my radio to 105.3 while in the licensed service contour of KTWL, I want to hear KTWL, not some illegally overpowered translator.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom