• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Reached Morse Code stations with a new radio (Birthday Special)

Hi everybody! It's Me Schlep82. Two weeks is My birthday (June 10th 2017). I turned 16.
Today I am going to talk to You about a radio I've got from My birthday.
I've gotten from My birthday is a Sony ICF-SW7600GR and a advanced DXing book.
This type of radio can reach all kinds of radio stations that is AM 150 - 29999. It got Synch for AM radio stations.
That will help me in the late afternoons (The sun going down kind of stuff).
It got a distortion for AM radio stations as well.
I've listened to 150 - 530 dial to search other radio stations I could find.
I've founded Morse Code radio stations (Not the Cuban radio stations the ACTUAL Morse Code radio stations).
I heard 297, 333, and 378 as Morse Code stations.
450, and 570 were covered by a local station that is not really ment to be on that dial.
450 is WSAI 1360 Fox Sports and 570 WDJO Oldies 1480.
After the sun is been transformed into night strangely 570 WDJO just signed off. 450 WSAI is still going in the nighttime.
Let's get into the Morse Code stations of their reception. 297 is really weak, 333 moderate, and 378 sounded as a local station.
Also it's a one year anniversary for DXing for Me.
If You gotten any questions. Just comment down and I'll answer much questions as possible.

Explainer : This is a discussion that planned to take place in June 10th but this website wasn't active at the time because for a bug.

Happy Birthday Schlep. Enjoy your new radio. That model has a very good reputation, and I'm sure it will give you many happy and informative hours of great listening. Be sure to keep us posted on anything of interest to the DXing community that you come across.

Thank You ai4i, radioman148, and cyberdad congratulating Me and for My birthday, and My new radio.
I just wanted to give to You a surprise of a Cuban radio station.
Last night I was listening to My new radio and I listened to dial 870. There were stations scrambled in the dial, After a few minutes I've heard a Cuban station in the background of these scrambled stations and then WWL just showed up weakly in the dial.
At first, I didn't expect a Cuban radio station would be in the dial with WWL. I was surprised.
Minutes passed again WWL is there and dominating some of the background small radio stations and the Cuban.
My first Cuban is 570, and now second 870. Ya, I've heard the Morse Code from there.

Is there any other Cuban radio stations I suppose to get in Cincinnati? I know about 570, and 870 can come in pretty faint.

Is there any other Cuban radio stations I suppose to get in Cincinnati? I know about 570, and 870 can come in pretty faint.

I would think that occasionally you should hear the Cuban station on 670 under WSCR. Probably in the winter you'd have a better chance.

Is there any other Cuban radio stations I suppose to get in Cincinnati?
Cuba jams 710 and 1140 from Miami,
1180 from the lower keys,
and 1660 from Puerto Rico
by putting their own networks on
those frequencies with big power.

Cuba jams 710 and 1140 from Miami,
1180 from the lower keys,
and 1660 from Puerto Rico
by putting their own networks on
those frequencies with big power.

Cuba really "blocks" rather than jamming 710. They have, depending on whose list you look at, about 8 stations across the country on 710, most Radio Rebelde retransmitters. World Radio Handbook lists 14 on 1140 and over 30 on 1180. The intent is not to let the FL stations be listenable anywhere in Cuba.

1660 does not appear as having an authorized Cuban stations. The Puerto Rico station is evangelical Christian, and would not seem to have any relevance in Cuba; I've listened and the preaching is in ultra-Puerto Rican Spanish, which would not be terribly relevant in Cuba.

The Morse code stations between 150-500 kHz are aeronautical beacons, ancient navigational aids. Enjoy them while you can, they are slowly leaving the Longwave band and are not being replaced.

1180 kHz is a strong Cuban station, one of their Radio Rebelde outlets -- I've heard it several times here in the Pacific Northwest (on portable AM radios) so it should be audible in Ohio.

I've logged the Puerto Rican 1660 station via the Eschende, Netherlands remote SDR.

Cuba really "blocks" rather than jamming 710. They have, depending on whose list you look at, about 8 stations across the country on 710, most Radio Rebelde retransmitters. World Radio Handbook lists 14 on 1140 and over 30 on 1180. The intent is not to let the FL stations be listenable anywhere in Cuba.

1660 does not appear as having an authorized Cuban stations. The Puerto Rico station is evangelical Christian, and would not seem to have any relevance in Cuba; I've listened and the preaching is in ultra-Puerto Rican Spanish, which would not be terribly relevant in Cuba.

1180 kHz is a strong Cuban station, one of their Radio Rebelde outlets -- I've heard it several times here in the Pacific Northwest (on portable AM radios) so it should be audible in Ohio.

Some are stronger than others, but there are around 30 transmitters across Cuba on 1180. World Radio Handbook lists 5 at 50 kw and one at 200 kw. It would be hard to say which one would be the most likely reception at any given time.

The Morse code stations between 150-500 kHz are aeronautical beacons, ancient navigational aids. Enjoy them while you can, they are slowly leaving the Longwave band and are not being replaced.

Hams will be moving into the 135.7-137.8 and 472-479 kHz bands as soon as the FCC can set up a system where they can coordinate with public utility companies' transmissions. The current Part 5 (experimental) transmissions will be moving to 461-472 kHz once the bands are released to hams. They'll be around even when the aero-beacons shut down.

There are times you can get a very nice echo from all the Cuban transmitters on 1180
What DE refers to as the Cuban chorus is caused by the audio traveling various distances
from the Havana studio to the different transmitter sites and then various distances back to you.
The maximum speed of electromagnetic transmission is fixed at "c".

Some are stronger than others, but there are around 30 transmitters across Cuba on 1180. World Radio Handbook lists 5 at 50 kw and one at 200 kw. It would be hard to say which one would be the most likely reception at any given time.

That's interesting. I wonder which one I heard. Heard it at least 5 different times a couple years ago -- even on a Realistic TRF with no external loop. Farthest station I've heard since I got that one of 1500 in Mexico City, that was in the summer of 2012 (on a boombox).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom