Reelworld Jingles Just Don't Cut it

View Poll Results: What do you think of Reelworld jingles?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blurgh, I hate them!

1 16.67%
  • Not a fan.

2 33.33%
  • Meh, I'm nutral.

2 33.33%
  • I like them!

0 0%
  • I love Reelworld!

1 16.67%

Thread: Reelworld Jingles Just Don't Cut it

Unhappy Reelworld Jingles Just Don't Cut it

Well folks... the title really says it all. First of all, let me say that I'm a millennial. I like top 40 --or some of it anyway-- and like listening to Z100 now and again. But I just can't stomach some Reelworld jingles, especially the new KOST ones. Also, the new RW CBS-FM jingles just plain suck! What do you guys think?
    Last edited by polaris; 06-21-2017 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Wanted to add / change some things around

Quote Originally Posted by polaris View Post
    Well folks... the title really says it all. First of all, let me say that I'm a millennial. I like top 40 --or some of it anyway-- and like listening to Z100 now and again. But I just can't stomach some Reelworld jingles, especially the new KOST ones. Also, the new RW CBS-FM jingles just plain suck! What do you guys think?
    I'm also a "millennial", and while I think RW jingles work well with today's rhythmic pop music, I've always found them to be too loud and obnoxious when put next to older and/or lighter sounds. Plus, I'm just generally not crazy about their vocal style. The AC format has at least evolved enough where they don't sound so out of place, but it's really a shame that Classic Hits stations are dropping the more classic sounding JAM and TM jingles in favor of these flashy autotuned sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by mjb1124 View Post
    I'm also a "millennial", and while I think RW jingles work well with today's rhythmic pop music, I've always found them to be too loud and obnoxious when put next to older and/or lighter sounds. Plus, I'm just generally not crazy about their vocal style. The AC format has at least evolved enough where they don't sound so out of place, but it's really a shame that Classic Hits stations are dropping the more classic sounding JAM and TM jingles in favor of these flashy autotuned sounds.

Thank you. I would rather, for example, hear flame thrower or warp factor or positron or something like that then "109,3... *breath* K-Hits"! That just makes my blood turn to ice. It doesn't match with any classic hits record that I can think of. Quite frankly, they just suck. Don't get me wrong; if I was programming a CHR station, RW would probably be my first pick, followed almost neck and neck with TM's new TM Evo library. But classic hits and classic rock deserve something much less modern and screechy, and something that actually sounds like what I'm playing.