• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Moving translator on 102.5

The link states they will broadcast on 103.1. Does this mean they will illegallly broadcast on 102.5, or will they be illegal in some other way like the rest of their translators?

I don't understand that website to me it seems like the translator is on 103.1 and got approved to move to 102.5. Either way KLTN will destroy it here in Houston. Univision might be the one to actually do a formal complaint.

I think it was on 103.1 but is trying to move to 102.5. Maybe the 102.5 LPFM will complain if that's the case.

I think it was on 103.1 but is trying to move to 102.5. Maybe the 102.5 LPFM will complain if that's the case.

Yeah that's what I thought too, but if they move to 102.5 it should affect KMAZ I doubt it even covers the same area.

The coverage map shows the transmitter in Splendora (KHPT tower) with a sharply directional signal towards Cleveland, Texas. Vey little signal towards Houston on 102.5. The useful coverage area of KMAZ won't be affected.

Whatever happened to the Missouri City translator on 102.5? Was on for only one day. That one caused KMAZ some grief.

I don't think Centro is Guel. I think they're working with him, but not sure if they're misled by him, or corrupt like him.

The coverage map shows the transmitter in Splendora (KHPT tower) with a sharply directional signal towards Cleveland, Texas. Vey little signal towards Houston on 102.5. The useful coverage area of KMAZ won't be affected.

Whatever happened to the Missouri City translator on 102.5? Was on for only one day. That one caused KMAZ some grief.

The 97.3 translator in Missouri City is also supposed to be directional away from the Northeast, but is apparently strong enough to be heard in Spring cleanly with RDS and wipe out 97.5 there.

I don't think Centro is Guel. I think they're working with him, but not sure if they're misled by him, or corrupt like him.

They are definitely working with him at the very least.

On some dealings I had with Centro, Guel was presented to me as their engineer.

KMKS out of Bay City (Blessing/Palacios) would wipe out any translator on Houston's SW side.

Your talking about if it is on the other side of Brazos river I agree. In Missouri city Staffrod and the Northeast part of Sugarland I can not get the Bay City Station there tower is located like 5 to 10 miles south west of Bay City.

Now seems they're trying to point the translator towards west side of houston.?

Wow so they already filed a license to cover, and now another minor modification in the same day. They're fast! LOL or is it not on the air and are they trying to sneak past the FCC? Somehow I doubt they built it already in 1 week.
https://fccdata.org/?facid=&call=k276gl&ccode=1&city=&state=&country=US&arn=&party=&party_type=LICEN

This one is very close to AMAZING 102.5 and with it having so low power will cause lots of interference. Amazing will fight this one.

Someone posted once, if AMAZING 102.5 could upgrade to a stronger signal and everyone said no. But how can LATINO BROADCASTING get a translator on 102.5 right next to AMAZING to the right? And didn't Aleluya get a Translator to the left of Amazing?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom