• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Undocumented Move?

Ai4i

Star Participant
WEXI-LP should be on a building between Countyline Rd and Hallandale Beach Blvd along A1A.
I was hearing them full quietingly in stereo throughout much of west-central Broward County,
but scratchily in Hallandale Beach and Sunny Isles Beach.
The three Omega Church stations have also been known to scream their calls to action:
"If you need this, then call this number".
Figure it out,
how do we keep valuable licenses out of the hands of people who will only abuse them?

I don't understand? Are you saying they are at a different location than what is on their FCC permit, or do you have issues with their programming.

The former is my main point; the second is incidental.

My third point is that a very large number of LP's ignore both the letter and the spirit of the law with regard to financing, but their technical standards are also suspect.
Their enhanced underwriting announcements are so enhanced as to respect no line between what they are allowed and true commercials.
These stations even talk about "sales", "sponsorship", and "marketing your product".
Should a message of "thanks for your support" consist of two people shouting at each other, "well, I went to such-and-such and you should do the same"?
"Call us at..." and "Come and talk to one of our agents" tells me nothing about the underwriter but are "calls to action".
Gone are the days of, "more information is available at...".

If a station is operating outside of the FCC authorization, you can submit that information to the FCC and the local field agents will follow up on that information.
Thanks for that info and I hope that someone does follow through.
I have to admit that I lack the incentive to take action than to come over here and bitch.
Honestly, my only reason for tuning into these stations is curiosity
(and to have a bit of a disgusted laugh at how horrible they sound).
At the risk of sounding politically incorrect, insensitive, and the "R" word,
I suppose the station I described appeals to a socio-economic-educational
culture who finds them perfectly acceptable - and supports them.

Last edited:
WEXI was fighting with WMBX at Commercial and the Turnpike this morning.
WEXI is definitely in the wrong neighborhood.
And no mention of any move on the commission's or any other website.
Did they ever resolve that and for that matter are they even still on the air?
I do not know about any resolution, but WMIV is definitely still flying, and from the correct place.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom