• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Houston market

gr8oldies

Walk of Fame Participant
I'm in town for a couple of days (Lake Livingston area). So far it seems the only formats are 18 flavors of Country, Contemporary Christian and Spanish language. No Classic Hits or Classic Rock in the whole market or am I not finding them?
In the very limited DX time I have, what DX signals might I find?

I think THE EAGLE 106.9 and 107.5 play classic rock. Not a huge fan of any rock to know the difference. Sorry!!

Pretty sure 106.9 and 107.5 are classic rock stations, its Cox's classic rock The Eagle brand, no active rock stations that i know of however. You might be able to pick up San Antonio's classic hits station KONO 101.1 also.

Depends on what you consider "classic." If you're in your 40s, you might like 95.7. They technically refer to that as "adult hits."

Pretty sure 106.9 and 107.5 are classic rock stations, its Cox's classic rock The Eagle brand, no active rock stations that i know of however. You might be able to pick up San Antonio's classic hits station KONO 101.1 also.

No way! There's no way she can pick up KONO in Livingston not with power house KLOL blocking the path.

Thanks all. Stopping back in AL on the wayto TN. I didn't quite have my bearings, Livingston and a couple of the other places we were were out of range of some of the FMs. Livingston has it's own KETX (92.3 The Eagle) whose playlist sounded like it was put together by a hobbyist. I found 95.7 when we went to The Woodlands. (80s-based Classic Rock was fine...I was looking fore an alternative to country and KSBJ's praise choruses that my wife and stepdaughter had on. It was a return to the area they lived in for several years).

Thanks all. Stopping back in AL on the wayto TN. I didn't quite have my bearings, Livingston and a couple of the other places we were were out of range of some of the FMs. Livingston has it's own KETX (92.3 The Eagle) whose playlist sounded like it was put together by a hobbyist. I found 95.7 when we went to The Woodlands. (80s-based Classic Rock was fine...I was looking fore an alternative to country and KSBJ's praise choruses that my wife and stepdaughter had on. It was a return to the area they lived in for several years).

Oh yeah I forgot to mention 95.7 THE SPOT nice to have you here in HOUSTON AREA .

Thank you Mr. Tejano! We're planning on being back in a couple of months for another wedding.
Picked up a few Dallas stations on the extreme outskirts, including KTCK and WRR and KNON alternating with KSBJ

If you don't like praise choruses on KSBJ (your words) - you can tune into their Christian rock and hip-hop format on 91.7. I had somebody do a drive test, it lasts until Madisonville.

Maybe P&W is what KSBJ does on Sunday morning, I don't know. My wife and stepdaughter listened to them 15 years ago when they lived there. I don't know what they did then vs. now as I don't follow the format.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom