• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is it hot where you are?

Oh, Dr Akbar, I have very exciting news for you!

Today at KNXV, the AZ Iceman will be carving a cactus out of ice on a live stream, and they would like everyone to tune in and GUESS HOW LONG IT'LL TAKE TO MELT.

Don't miss this thrilling event.

Didn't know they came with AC. That must have been an add-on. Yikes!

My mother used to drive a '71 Pinto. Yes, the exploding kind. They had the add-on AC, and a fine AM radio for tuning in KMEO. Back in the day, after KRUX and KRIZ went away the daytime simulcast of KOPA and KZZP at 1310 was a godsend until I took out the ashtray and mounted one of those FM converters in the dash.

Leave it to Ford to make a vehicle to *compete* with the Gremlin!

Today at KNXV, the AZ Iceman will be carving a cactus out of ice on a live stream, and they would like everyone to tune in and GUESS HOW LONG IT'LL TAKE TO MELT.

"Can you really fry an egg on the sidewalk? We'll have a live report coming up on First Alert Weather at 6 PM."

Palm Springs can now compete with Phoenix in the "silly hot weather stunt" department.

"Can you really fry an egg on the sidewalk? We'll have a live report coming up on First Alert Weather at 6 PM."

Palm Springs can now compete with Phoenix in the "silly hot weather stunt" department.

I'm surprised that nobody has resurrected Dave Otto's Dashboard Recipes bit.

Okay, maybe that wouldn't pass today's legal department...

My mother used to drive a '71 Pinto. Yes, the exploding kind. They had the add-on AC,

My understanding is that was the case for the Gremlin as well. That's why I asked. At some point, towards the end, it because standard. But that was after they added another hamster to the engine.

Needles expected to top 125 today and Wed. 127 Tuesday! Insane!! Probably gonna be some overheats climbing that hill on I-40 west.

Where's HotHits with the "on the scene" report from riverside?

A cactus? Why not a ice sculpted fez? A melted cactus might look like half the peace sign...could be embarrassing to recent Walter Cronkite grads working at ABC15!

Where's HotHits with the "on the scene" report from riverside?
Actually David I am writing in from downtown Needles, the town formerly known as Chemehuevi a thousand years ago when the Indians lived out here and had the same Zip code it seems? I was doing Ok in this 121 degree day until I saw tomorrow's 127. That must be a record

**IMPORTANT UPDATE**

The cactus has met its fate, so no more guesses will be accepted.

For those of you that theorized that the ice saguaro would last 5 hours, 15 mins & 56 seconds, please see Nurse Jeff for your prize.

Wear an ice sculpted fez and you don't need air conditioning.

Gives new meaning to the ice bucket challenge.

And for an extra 25 cents, add a tasty flavor to make your own fez-sicle!

Actually David I am writing in from downtown Needles, the town formerly known as Chemehuevi a thousand years ago when the Indians lived out here and had the same Zip code it seems? I was doing Ok in this 121 degree day until I saw tomorrow's 127. That must be a record

By "riverside" without a capital R I meant the banks of the Colorado River.

127 has to be a record. Of course, that is far from the record for Death Valley of 134!

I remember Dewey Hopper's Dayton, Ohio days. "The Weather Outside with Dewey Hopper". He really was outside at the "weather fence". A small crowd would usually gather.

9pm Needles time, 112 degrees! Brutal!

Yeah, it is only 102° where I am at 9:44 PM. 122° tomorrow, though.

Up to about 108° to 110° the heat in the desert is not that annoying. But the 110°+ temperatures are always oppressive.

Yeah, it is only 102° where I am at 9:44 PM. 122° tomorrow, though.

Up to about 108° to 110° the heat in the desert is not that annoying. But the 110°+ temperatures are always oppressive.

Can't imagine what 122 feels like (or 127 in Needles) in direct sunlight. I suppose monsoon season is around the corner, but then you have some added humidity, but a slight cool down, if it can rain.

Can't imagine what 122 feels like (or 127 in Needles) in direct sunlight. I suppose monsoon season is around the corner, but then you have some added humidity, but a slight cool down, if it can rain.

In the California desert, we seldom get monsoons. That's an AZ phenomenon. We do get an occasional rain from Pacific Ocean hurricanes that disintegrate over our area, but that is one or two days out of the year.

The first time Phoenix hit 122, I was up on the roof of The Wigwam Resort hanging a Yagi to test a Marti shot back to KYOT for a Jazz Brunch the following Sunday.

I was thankful that the hotel gave me gloves for climbing the ladder and I probably drank a gallon of water after I got back down.

I think I like the blast furnace days better than the monsoon ones. It seems like the monsoon storms happen later at night now that the city has built out so much. They used to come in like clockwork at 5 in the afternoon.

In the California desert, we seldom get monsoons. That's an AZ phenomenon. We do get an occasional rain from Pacific Ocean hurricanes that disintegrate over our area, but that is one or two days out of the year.
Needles, home of Spike (Snoopy's brother located in our 24 Hour Subway) and 118 degree rain, now the gateway for your industrial Medical Marijuana needs, next year available for everyone.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom