• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is it hot where you are?

The extreme heat must have gotten to those Goldminers at the Lumberyard as 92.7 K224CJ-FM is currently off the air. So for those of us without HD radios in our car, we have to resort back to listening to Bang 545 on good ol' Ancient Modulation at 1440 AM!

lest you forget, Jorge de ASU...Bang 545 is also available on 93~Three HD~Too as well. I imagine that green grass behind the stadium is the same color as a brown eyed girl. YIKES!

I think boarding and waiting on the tarmac would be pure torture. My cars have excellent A/C so I stay on the ground as much as possible.

In other news, which may or may not be related, is your Internet acting up in this heat? Mine was all sorts of crazy yesterday and very slow!
We have Frontier out here, famous for charging $9 a minute for a local call/collect call & jail call, slow service with a smile is their motto. We don't even have a phone man in this town anymore. Damn power went out last night when it got dark & still 102. Broke out the Battery operated fan, stuck a couple of frozen water bottles in front of it making impromptu air conditioning. Just got back from Jack, Car said 124 degrees and we are set for 126
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=34.84805895900047&lon=-114.61412844799969#.WUrP9K9riM-

lest you forget, Jorge de ASU...Bang 545 is also available on 93~Three HD~Too as well. I imagine that green grass behind the stadium is the same color as a brown eyed girl. YIKES!

The once-green grass behind the stadium is now brown grass, and the brown-eyed girl is a sunburned girl. :)

How could this misery now be extended until Monday the 26th. How could it be 105 degrees as 1:05 AM. I'm melting!

How could this misery now be extended until Monday the 26th. How could it be 105 degrees as 1:05 AM. I'm melting!

Dunno...but we have a bunch of fried eggs on the asphalt of the Media Hut parking lot. C'mon by if you're hungry...just look for Chef Jeff in his fez and apron.

Dunno...but we have a bunch of fried eggs on the asphalt of the Media Hut parking lot. C'mon by if you're hungry...just look for Chef Jeff in his fez and apron.

I'll pass... the last time I tried street-fried eggs, the grit broke a tooth.

The pavement does make a dandy coffee warmer, though.

There's a reason why they call it the desert.

Make sure you enunciate that word. In a coupla' states out here, some may think you are talking about Deseret!

Palm Springs sets a record high today (Sunday) @ 122 and currently enjoying a cool 119 in Needles. Channel 2 says it will cool down soon, a relative term

Palm Springs sets a record high today (Sunday) @ 122

Let's all hop into the Gremlin and head on over to the Old Gringo's hut for a pool party and frozen margaritas!

Let's all hop into the Gremlin and head on over to the Old Gringo's hut for a pool party and frozen margaritas!

The pool has been quite useless the last few days... it is at a poached-egg level of 105° right now, after last night's low of 99° and the daytime high of 122°.

The margaritas are really nice, though. ¡Salud!

The pool has been quite useless the last few days... it is at a poached-egg level of 105° right now, after last night's low of 99° and the daytime high of 122°.

The margaritas are really nice, though. ¡Salud!
Are you still serving Ice Cold beverages? Record Heat is on its way back for our area through this Saturday.

The scorching weather is part of a system commonly referred to as the “Four Corners High,” a high-pressure system that settles over the desert Southwest near the Four Corners and spreads smothering heat from California to Nevada and as far east as central Texas. The Four Corners is the area where Arizona, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado meet.

I will never understand why The Olde Gringo moved from the beautiful climate of Prescott, AZ to Palm Springs, CA (the only city hotter than hell in the Land of High Taxes). I would kill to be able to move to Prescott (or several other mountain cities in AZ) except the wifey is still working and refusing to retire.

But BTW Oji-San (the old one), you evidently need some tall trees blocking the sun from your pool. It has been almost as hot here as in Palm Springs but big pine trees shading my backyard pool keep the temp below 90. The falling pine needles are a pain but the shade is priceless.

I will never understand why The Olde Gringo moved from the beautiful climate of Prescott, AZ to Palm Springs, CA (the only city hotter than hell in the Land of High Taxes). I would kill to be able to move to Prescott (or several other mountain cities in AZ) except the wifey is still working and refusing to retire.

The truth is that I found Prescott kinda' boring. Prescott was a second home, anyway. We are kind of thinking of replacing it with one in Pinamar since there the seasons are reversed and it's just an hour outside one of the world's most fun and exciting cities.

The truth is that I found Prescott kinda' boring.

What? This small town has both a WalMart AND a Costco! Lucky thing Sam Steiger has gone to the great burro corral in the sky, as he'd be hopping mad.

Everyone's welcome to cool down at the Buckeye Media Hut where Nurse Jeff has hooked up the garden hose to a Slip 'n Slide in our parking lot. Bathing suits optional, but given the condition of the pavement you may want to wear one.

What? This small town has both a WalMart AND a Costco!

And it lost its Outback, its local movie theater, its Barnes & Noble, most of the stores in the mall and even its Basha's.

And it lost its Outback, its local movie theater, its Barnes & Noble, most of the stores in the mall and even its Basha's.

Outback is not a loser for me. They have gone downhill here in the Valley.

Local movies? How quaint. I am assuming you have a gigantic collection of DVD's but if not there are hundreds of downloads and/or streams from the web. Why would you need a movie theater? Here they are all filled with teenagers. UGH!

Likewise Barnes and Noble. Books can be ordered from the 'net and/or downloaded into eReaders or audio. Who needs a bookstore any longer except perhaps for out of print items? For that you drive or call Changing Hands here in Tempe.

I'm surprised that Bashas's closed. They are famous for having stores in teeny weeny Arizona towns. Even the expanding metropolis of Maricopa has a very fancy one. Did Walmart force them out?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom