• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

verne

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the FCC was pulling his license for 94.7 in Firebaugh? http://kkdjradio.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/denisewhite637?fref=nf

https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/020113236678/FCC-17-6A1.pdf seems to indicate both verne and Zawilla were both denied an appeal as the supposed non-profit the license application was filed under was not in existence until years later, therefore the application was invalid.

what a joke-- where does this guy get the $ to keep spending on "signals of insignificance"? 94.7 in Fresno ? lol 't'aint happenin' no way unless he brings back his saturday night special bootleg.
oh ya, stand by, gonna be LIVE anyday now. ( "LIVE in Fresno" from the Hanford sandwich shop?)

what a joke-- where does this guy get the $ to keep spending on "signals of insignificance"? 94.7 in Fresno ? lol 't'aint happenin' no way unless he brings back his saturday night special bootleg.
oh ya, stand by, gonna be LIVE anyday now. ( "LIVE in Fresno" from the Hanford sandwich shop?)

WOW I was really looking forward to a KKDJ come back, 80s music with Dean and Don, actually for sure for sure ,the way Fresno Radio treats 80s Rock sucks, but when I heard that KKDJ was coming back I thought it was going to be on a real station.

Last edited:
IS 94.7 Firebaugh on the air? What I assume is Gary Cocola's 99.7 fm translator is relaying it in Fresno by the ID.

I may have been hearing k100 Porterville. Both the kkdj radio stream and the signal I heard in my driveway had the same song. When I checked later all I heard was Porterville.

Even though radio-locator says the Fresno 99.7 translator is airing KOKO I was surprised to hear Cacola's KJOI-LP Biola was including 99.7 in its legal ID, along with 100.5 New Auburry. So I assumed some deal was made there to air KJOI on 99.7 in SW Fresno, as limited as that signal is by co-channel KIOO.

Even though radio-locator says the Fresno 99.7 translator is airing KOKO I was surprised to hear Cacola's KJOI-LP Biola was including 99.7 in its legal ID, along with 100.5 New Auburry. So I assumed some deal was made there to air KJOI on 99.7 in SW Fresno, as limited as that signal is by co-channel KIOO.

What the heck am I thinking? So I just caught the TOH ID on the KJOI 100.5 translator. No mention of 99.7. What the heck, was I dreaming when I thought KJOI-LPFM was on 99.7 also?

Well. I went to Verne's KKDJ 94.7 imposter website and there it says the KKDJ 94.7 imposter is heard in Fresno on 99.7. LoL it should say "a very small part of Fresno". I'm sure all the strays at the SPCA are diggin' it.

Well. I went to Verne's KKDJ 94.7 imposter website and there it says the KKDJ 94.7 imposter is heard in Fresno on 99.7. LoL it should say "a very small part of Fresno". I'm sure all the strays at the SPCA are diggin' it.

Wow, So that small signal near Church and Hughes is Verne's after all, that signal makes as much sense as a screen door in a submarine, KIOO, even though not a "Fresno Market" station keeps that signal limited to a half mile area.

according to radio locator KYAF is still not on the air -- if so the translator is 'out-of-bounds' -- it is originating programming - NOT ALLOWED on translators. (Exception being for translators that rebroadcast AMs that sign off at sundown)

What the heck am I thinking? So I just caught the TOH ID on the KJOI 100.5 translator. No mention of 99.7. What the heck, was I dreaming when I thought KJOI-LPFM was on 99.7 also?

You weren't dreaming, It was on 99.7 when the 100.5 translator went on, I remember just after that that I heard KJOI on 99.7 under KIOO on 99 near 180, I checked out 104.3 at that time it was the same, as I was drive north on 99 to Herndon where 104.3 comes in good, I've noticed lately 104.3 seams the go "more east" better than before when driving on Herndon or Shaw, woops got of subject this thread is about "Verne" LOL.

Also when I was on Jensen a few weeks ago it was playing an 80s song during that short period of drive before KIOO fully came back., I don't think it was still KJOI.

Last edited:
Both Verne and Cacola need to stop "playing radio" with LPFM's and translators that have no real coverage or listeners. Cacola needs to step up and buy a real radio station. He can pull the cash out of his billfold. Verne will never grow up. He will always be moving in all directions at once and end up where he started. Guys - buy a real radio station in Fresno or Visalia that has listeners. You have good ideas but miss in the delivery. If you didn't hate Zawila so much you could have bought both KZPO and KNGS for some pocket change.

Here we are 3 months later, after this thread was started. And, STILL, where is this KKDJ v.2? Was KYAF one of the Zawilla et al stations whose license was revoked? IS IT ON THE AIR? IF SO, WHY isn't it on the 99.7? A month now of that damned tone-- why do that?
Also, the BIG question-- How can a radio station in Firebaugh be BOTH a KYA reincarnation AND a KKDJ redux?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Here we are 3 months later, after this thread was started. And, STILL, where is this KKDJ v.2? Was KYAF one of the Zawilla et al stations whose license was revoked? IS IT ON THE AIR? IF SO, WHY isn't it on the 99.7? A month now of that damned tone-- why do that?
Also, the BIG question-- How can a radio station in Firebaugh be BOTH a KYA reincarnation AND a KKDJ redux?
Inquiring minds want to know.

That is a good question KYA or KKDJ. As of this morning 99.7 is still running that test tone from their Belmont and Fulton tower, can only hear it about a 5 miles radius, before it's completely covered up by KIOO, and I noticed there's a new microwave dish on the roof pointing North-East.

WOW I was really looking forward to a KKDJ come back, 80s music with Dean and Don, actually for sure for sure ,the way Fresno Radio treats 80s Rock sucks, but when I heard that KKDJ was coming back I thought it was going to be on a real station.

Me too!! Dean and Don and the Breakfast Club with Aunt Penny's Kitchen. Late 70's early 80's, what memories for me!!!

A number of issues here. The license says that the 99/7 translator must pick up Firebaugh 94.7 OVER THE AIR at the translator site. FCC is very specific in the rules about that. Signal delivery. Non-fill-in translators relaying commercial FM stations must receive the signal off the air, unless a waiver has been granted to feed a "white area" translator by other terrestrial means. A showing of the "white area" must be presented in the application for construction permit, requesting waiver of the signal delivery requirement.

Noncommercial educational non-fill-in translators operating on Channels 201 through 220 that are owned by the licensee of the primary noncommercial educational FM translator station may use alternate means to receive the primary FM station's signal. Non-fill-in noncommercial educational translators on Channels 221 through 300 are prohibited from any alternative methods of signal delivery, including programming feeds by satellite. See 47 CFR Section 74.1231(b).

The FCC has REVOKED all the permits and licenses attached to Zawila. However , with the dispute over who owns Avenal and Firebaugh, the FCC excluded the Avenal and Firebaugh from the REVOKED finding. As to the status of KYAF, it appears that they were never qualified to apply for the construction permits: http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2016/db0727/FCC-16M-23A1.pdf

This afternoon I turned off the lil CCrane FM transmitter that is fed with my computer audio. It's the first time to turn it off in a long time. It usually sits on 104.5 24/7. So today what do I hear on my PORTABLE radio on 104.5 when I turn it off? Hanford! All afternoon. With commercials. Not strong but not fading or wavering either. I'm in Clovis. 100w @ 70' from 35 miles?

Maybe Verne is playing with repeaters in his backyard again.LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom