KABC power increase - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KABC power increase

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Out of market DXing doesn't matter any more, and really hasn't been a consideration for 40 years.
    Just a casual observation...
    KABC's programming luster faded many years before the signal..

Quote Originally Posted by Big 121 View Post
    Just a casual observation...
    KABC's programming luster faded many years before the signal..
    EGBOK. Not.
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

Tired of rice and beans; beans and rice? Then purchase a Buckeye Media Hut timeshare and vacation where there's both a doctor and nurse on staff! Hurry, prime summer months are going fast!

EGGBOK=taking me back to the Ken and Bob Company morning show. They would joke on-air that KABC was named after them

Did KABC also increase power for nighttime operation or just day?

Quote Originally Posted by The Rimshot View Post
    Check post #1 in this thread.

Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rimshot View Post
    Day and night. Principally, they had to compensate for the considerably lower radiation efficiency of the KWKW towers, which are half-wave at 1330, and are quite short (105) at 790.

They also had to observe the new protection requirements towards Mexico at night, resulting in less signal towards southern Orange County.

The daytime coverage with the increased power is nearly identical to the old coverage with 5 kw. At night, it is identical except towards the south-southeast.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

I say shut her down forever i know but flip it to something worth listenin to. There aint much on kabc worth listenin to. They air reruns at night. If that isnt pathetic i dont know what is. Clueuless is clueless bout kabc.

Quote Originally Posted by hotpatrick2004 View Post
    I say shut her down forever i know but flip it to something worth listenin to.
    KFWB was going nowhere, but that didn't stop Lotus from buying 9~Eighty and putting something on that would attract an audience. Perhaps Cumulus is too proud to try something else on the storied KABC...even though that story came to an end a long time ago.
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

Tired of rice and beans; beans and rice? Then purchase a Buckeye Media Hut timeshare and vacation where there's both a doctor and nurse on staff! Hurry, prime summer months are going fast!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12