• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New sports format launches on 97.3

Mediafrog+

Walk of Fame Participant
The 97.3 translator is now Latino Sports Houston 97.3, heard during my evening commute. Male and female hosts in Spanish. No phone calls during the time I listened.

Unable to find any originating station during a check of FM HD subchannels, unless its on an AM I overlooked.

That makes eight sportstalkers in the Houston market.

Unable to find any originating station during a check of FM HD subchannels, unless its on an AM I overlooked.

CP application says it uses a KODA HD channel.

CP application says it uses a KODA HD channel.

K247CP is rebroadcasting KODA HD2. K231CN rebroadcasts KODA HD3. Both are currently in full compliance, using their respective primary station as listed on the license (K231CN) and/or permit (K247CP). K247CP is in testing mode, no License to Cover has been submitted for the translator as of this post. Look for this paperwork to be submitted soon.

Wrong. KODA HD2 is still running the CHR/Pop format it has carried the past couple of months. 97.3 has the sports format. Just checked again.

Reality always wins over "alternative facts."

It would be interesting to see if the CP holder of the translator has filed an ammendment to reflect the use of a different station's HD channel.

Seems KODA is the station that all of these Centro translators are "rebroadcasting"...

Comes in loud and clear in Spring, with RDS.

Comes in loud and clear in Spring, with RDS.

And there's absolutely no way it should be.

Both transmitter sites, licensed and CP, are over 30 miles away from Spring. The currently licensed site is more like 40 miles. The CP site is closer to 30 miles away, but the CP is also supposed to be employing a directional antenna with a big null toward Spring.

Wrong. KODA HD2 is still running the CHR/Pop format it has carried the past couple of months. 97.3 has the sports format. Just checked again.

Doesn't surprise me. 97.3 is a station set up by Mr. Guel, is it not?

And there's absolutely no way it should be.

Both transmitter sites, licensed and CP, are over 30 miles away from Spring. The currently licensed site is more like 40 miles. The CP site is closer to 30 miles away, but the CP is also supposed to be employing a directional antenna with a big null toward Spring.

This station causes interference to Country Legends 97.1 in my car while driving inside the loop.

105.3 is causing a ton of interference to KTWL. I can't listen to KTWL anymore south of Conroe.

97.3 is bleeding over to both KTHT and KFNC, rendering them unlistenable anywhere inside the city limits.

Something is definitely up with these new translators. Are they broadcasting with more power than allowed by the FCC? Are they also respecting the directional pattern they were assigned?? I really wish Cox, GOW, and Roy Henderson would file complaints to the FCC because these stations are reaching farther than they should and causing a lot of interference.

How the hell does Guel keep getting away with this on so many licenses across the US? I'm having to deal with one of his outfits right now causing substantial co-channel interference to a station I engineer.

105.3 is causing a ton of interference to KTWL. I can't listen to KTWL anymore south of Conroe.

97.3 is bleeding over to both KTHT and KFNC, rendering them unlistenable anywhere inside the city limits.

Something is definitely up with these new translators. Are they broadcasting with more power than allowed by the FCC? Are they also respecting the directional pattern they were assigned?? I really wish Cox, GOW, and Roy Henderson would file complaints to the FCC because these stations are reaching farther than they should and causing a lot of interference.
If it is a Guel related station I can almost guarantee they are running more than allowed and not likely following any licensed technical parameters.

Who's Guel?? I thought they belong to Guevara? Or is that what people call him?

Who's Guel?? I thought they belong to Guevara? Or is that what people call him?

César Guel is the person responsible for filing what, IIRC, was as many as 100 applications for translators, some for himself and other for a myriad of individual or interlocked applicants.

The license appears as being recently sold to an organization whose president is Maria Guel.

Last edited:
I'm having to deal with one of his outfits right now causing substantial co-channel interference to a station I engineer.
Keep us updated with your situation. There's just no way his translators should have been approved with the amount of interference they cause to existing stations.

The following translators just seem to defy the coverage they have been assigned by the FCC; 92.5, 94.1, 95.1, 97.3, 98.7, 104.5, & 105.3. The broadcaster worst hit by these pesky translators seems to be Liberman Media. 98.7 has wrecked a static havoc upon KTJM and KJOJ is no longer listenable north of town. I'm amazed LBI has not taken action since their stations are hard enough to listen to as rimshots. I just hope Cox and Gow aren't asleep at the wheel and find a way to reduce interference with 97.3.

The only one I personally think is affecting anyone is 97.3. Not sure how 92.5, 95.1,,98.7 are affecting other stations.

94.1 isn't affecting any station, neither is 104.5 nor 105.3.

105.3 affects guys up north but not really anything here in houston.

105.3 wasn't really listenable here in downtown.

How the hell does Guel keep getting away with this on so many licenses across the US? I'm having to deal with one of his outfits right now causing substantial co-channel interference to a station I engineer.

Wouldn't we all like to know?
I would report him to the FCC.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom