• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1310 WPBC Sold

WPBC has been sold to Greg Davis for $150,000.
That is quite a haircut for Chang Kim who bought the station for north of $2M about 15 years back. Even the terms (if I remember correctly) were generous with Chang financing $70K of the purchase price for 3 years.
Greg also controls the 101.1 translator which has been the subject of much speculation lately. I'm guessing he will pair the translator with 1310. Will he then sell the pair or will he attempt to operate it?

My guess is he'll probably simulcast with La Raza in Buford or his FM translator there.

Do you know where the transmitter will be? I assume 1310 will diplex with 1420 or another station.

My guess is he'll probably simulcast with La Raza in Buford or his FM translator there.

Do you know where the transmitter will be? I assume 1310 will diplex with 1420 or another station.

1420 once diplexed 1690 WWAA on one of its towers, back when 1690 was doing Air America.

I know Greg, and he is an excellent broadcaster. However, I think he might be pretty much throwing away $150,000. He wants some of the Atlanta Hispanic dollars, but 1310 plus the 101.1 translator is not going to show up in the ratings. Maybe he will get some smaller advertisers by telling them that they will be covering Atlanta in addition to the Buford area. But other than that possibility, I don't see his buying 1310 as a prudent decision.

In my experience with these kinds of purchases, you cannot make a $150,000 mistake on an AM signal - in any market, let alone Atlanta - if you have a translator and a working knowledge of an operating budget.

Now you CAN make a $2,000,000 mistake.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom