Mid Year Radio Review - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Mid Year Radio Review

  1. #21

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edmonds, Washington
    Posts
    2,079
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post


    KOST is AC and KBIG is Hot AC in LA, and both can be in the top 5 at the same time, along with Adult CHR KIIS!
    KIIS is considered adult CHR these days? Though not recently, I've heard all three of those stations, and to me they sound enough different to me that there might be some people that listen to all three but they all have an audience of their own as well. From what I've heard of WALK and WKJY, they both sound extremely similar, so how exactly do they not cannibalize one another?

  2. #22
    Goodie! A Seattle radio discussion that drifts off to Long Island and Los Angeles talk, even facilitated by a moderator. Yet, a remote mention of a Seattle radio legend passing away, and the thread gets banished.

  3. #23
    Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    34,465
    Quote Originally Posted by AQH View Post
    Goodie! A Seattle radio discussion that drifts off to Long Island and Los Angeles talk, even facilitated by a moderator. Yet, a remote mention of a Seattle radio legend passing away, and the thread gets banished.
    The LA and Long Island references show that Seattle would not be unique after the Entercom deal in having two stations in the same format run by the same company.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

  4. #24
    Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    34,465
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdavcav View Post
    KIIS is considered adult CHR these days?
    KIIS's target is women 18-44. That would seem to be "adult" as opposed to "teen".
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edmonds, Washington
    Posts
    2,079
    I thought that was the target for any CHR. I also though that KIIS had been considered rhythmic-leaning.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdavcav View Post
    I thought that was the target for any CHR. I also though that KIIS had been considered rhythmic-leaning.
    KIIS rhythmic leaning? Not a chance. Playing Donald Glover's new song doesn't make you rhythmic-leaning...it makes you a Top 40 station in LA that needs to play a flavor record every now and then to keep some sort of credibility. KIIS isn't playing Future, French Montana, Chris Brown, Ayo & Teo, etc. When your top 5 records are Bieber, Halsey, Harry Styles, Ed Sheeran and Bruno Mars, you're a mainstream CHR.

    On another note, I agree with those that said Entercom will keep both KMPS and KKWF, or at least would like to. If they can silo the country market then they (likely) never have to worry about someone taking them on. Both stations bill decently and there's enough room in that format to make one of the stations into a "country chr" and the other in to a "country ac". It will be interesting to watch what happens.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by iamarussianpirate View Post
    KIIS rhythmic leaning? Not a chance. Playing Donald Glover's new song doesn't make you rhythmic-leaning...it makes you a Top 40 station in LA that needs to play a flavor record every now and then to keep some sort of credibility. KIIS isn't playing Future, French Montana, Chris Brown, Ayo & Teo, etc. When your top 5 records are Bieber, Halsey, Harry Styles, Ed Sheeran and Bruno Mars, you're a mainstream CHR.

    On another note, I agree with those that said Entercom will keep both KMPS and KKWF, or at least would like to. If they can silo the country market then they (likely) never have to worry about someone taking them on. Both stations bill decently and there's enough room in that format to make one of the stations into a "country chr" and the other in to a "country ac". It will be interesting to watch what happens.
    Kudos to a great post and great data to support it. One thing for sure Entercom will look to own men and rock. From KISW, KZOK, and KNDD ( maybe Jack if that doesn't get spun out or swapped ) Holding on to both country stations would keep someone out but at what costs and is the roi worth it when you might be able to pick up other sticks else where that could off set. Owning the men, rock and country audience is a nice piece of the pie.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us