• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fresno Radio --- Why it's so ??? "Fresno".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the Genesis song no reply at all #1981 why waist my time on this place, is dead like #fknfresnoradio i'm sticking to TFWG and social media much more interesting than this boring Fresno radio board, every city in the country plays better music, this place is soooo restrictive and lets add more Spanish language stations for the illegals.

To late to edit, but I'm against the KKK and Neo Nazi's even though I'm a quarter German.

Fresno radio should program to tax payers, not illegals and welfare, which Fresno has the highest percentage of that, also the most crime and gang activity than any other city, no wonder why I want to get out of here.

Fresno radio should program to tax payers, not illegals and welfare, which Fresno has the highest percentage of that, also the most crime and gang activity than any other city, no wonder why I want to get out of here.

You can thank the liberals for that! They are ruining this state!! If Prop 13 is abolished, I'm outta here too!

Like the Genesis song no reply at all #1981 why waist my time on this place, is dead like #fknfresnoradio i'm sticking to TFWG and social media much more interesting than this boring Fresno radio board, every city in the country plays better music, this place is soooo restrictive and lets add more Spanish language stations for the illegals.

Fresno is turning into a third-world country! It certainly is not the same town it was when I was growing up decades ago!

Ignorance

Embarrassing, that you kenrayc would post this type of borderline racist thought on a radio message board. Using this type of code language "illegals" (Mexicans/Hispanics) and "welfare" (African Americans), to disparage entire groups of people, entirely because you don't like or enjoy a certain type of language or music format is shameful. And then to be factually inaccurate about crime and gang statistics in Fresno is just plain lazy on your part. It's these kinds of statements and beliefs that divide us and our community rather than unify and bring us closer together.

I don't see that radio would "program... not to illegals" since persons who are undocumented are certainly not going to sign up to have radio diaries mailed to their home address, revealing the names of the family members and their ages.

I did not know that, given the recession in Central California, that there was any group that did not have a significant number of its members on some kind of assistance. That ranges from older people who were let go pre-retirement and couldn't get a new job, young persons coming into the workplace and finding no employment and all manner of other age, gender, ethnic and educational levels.

If you don't like diversity, it still does not give you the right to deny certain radio formats targeting other groups, even if you do not enjoy them.

This is not directed at any one person.

Can we agree on one thing? This board is NOT a place for political rants. This is the place I go to escape Fox News and CNN. :)

My 2 cents for what they're worth.

Embarrassing, that you kenrayc would post this type of borderline racist thought on a radio message board. Using this type of code language "illegals" (Mexicans/Hispanics) and "welfare" (African Americans), to disparage entire groups of people, entirely because you don't like or enjoy a certain type of language or music format is shameful. And then to be factually inaccurate about crime and gang statistics in Fresno is just plain lazy on your part. It's these kinds of statements and beliefs that divide us and our community rather than unify and bring us closer together.

First of all when I said "Welfare" I never put a race on it, you did, the thing is Welfare is meant to be a temporary thing not a Career Choice like many abusers of it, some get on there and stop looking for work, and I think there should be drug testing to get it with routine checks, There are sooo many Meth, Heroin, and Crack users in Fresno on it.
Second, about the crime stats in Fresno, just ask Police Chief Jerry Dyer and Sheriff Margaret Mims, Fresno is at the top worst crime rate and gang activity baste on population percentages, than any other city in the country.

Last edited:
This is not directed at any one person.

Can we agree on one thing? This board is NOT a place for political rants. This is the place I go to escape Fox News and CNN. :)

My 2 cents for what they're worth.

Okay I'm done talking about non-radio issues on here, I never thought it was political, just the truth.

I'm sorry for offending anyone on this board, no more of that, I wouldn't of even posted that on any of my social media pages, now back to radio, What's up with KZLA 98.3 Riverdale?

Final thoughts

First of all when I said "Welfare" I never put a race on it, you did, the thing is Welfare is meant to be a temporary thing not a Career Choice like many abusers of it, some get on there and stop looking for work, and I think there should be drug testing to get it with routine checks, There are sooo many Meth, Heroin, and Crack users in Fresno on it.
Second, about the crime stats in Fresno, just ask Police Chief Jerry Dyer and Sheriff Margaret Mims, Fresno is at the top worst crime rate and gang activity baste on population percentages, than any other city in the country.

My response to your posts from the other day were not formed in a vacuum, but rather from your many posts in the past on this board. Complaints about the lack of musical style formats that you felt Fresno was missing, coupled with the many radio stations that were either in Spanish or played "rap" music. Most of it was easy to ignore and overlook as someone who just didn't either identify with the formats or didn't find them enjoyable or compelling as a listener. However by your constant complaining about the amount of certain radio formats and languages, and then the use of "illegal" to describe Spanish language radio, and "welfare" to most likely describe "rap", (although most consider them hip-hop music stations today) music formats, which have historically been heavily favored by the African American community (since it arose there), the second most format you have had issue with, it does not take much of a intellectual leap to see you meant "welfare" for African American.

I do realize that sometimes we can think a believe a certain way but when we try to verbalize it or write it down it comes out sounding all wrong and not in the way we had intended, and I'm sure that is probably what happened in this case.

I'm sure everyone here wants to read interesting posts that spark thought and discussion, but lets just express our opinions straightforwardly and with respect to one another and the community we live in.

.........And yes, what is up with KZLA 98.3 Riverdale? kenrayc needs more musical choices here :cool:

If your comments were not about ethnic groups, then why did you say that there were too many formats for "illegals"?

Best Radio company in Fresno imo is 1 PUTT Broadcasting.

I would have to agree, but they should have come up with the cash to keep Ryan Williams. At least they scored the "not hateful enough for Powertalk" consolation prize of Christopher Gabriel.

AND, before I get anything started again I have seen no comments on this board that are anywhere close to the bile spewed by Trevor Carey. I am stating my opinion about "The Trevor Carey Show" and nothing else, and missing Ryan Williams doing sports, or anything while I am awake.

Come to think of it, illegal aliens (mostly farm workers) would listen to Spanish-format stations, and gang-members (mostly native Hispanic/Black) would listen to B95 or Q97 for Hip-Hop. That is what I believe, and there is NOTHING racist about it!

Last edited:
Ain't no liberals running Fresno City or County. Take a look in the mirror if you want to blame somebody.

I am looking in the mirror and I see a concerned citizen like myself seeing a downturn of California. Fresno county is pretty conservative, and Kern county even MORE conservative than us. It's the state I blame, not Fresno itself.

Last edited:
"All radio sucks, we just suck less."- KRZR

Ok, now you can change it to more, but not really much more. If 95.7 was classic hits, 99.7 was strong in Fresno, and 105.1 was a simulcast of The Bear, I would be reasonably happy.

A classic country even on AM is too much to ask, and it's not cumulus or iheart's fault current country doesn't actually exist.
A classic country station AM or FM should include songs from Bob Wills , Hank snow and the artists that made country music Great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom