• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

K-Slacks: Numero Uno In May

The May 2017 ArbyTrons, er, Nielsens, are out today, and in the very important 6+ numbers, K-Slacks beat out KESZ by .1 to make the #1...1...1...1...1...1... spot in the ratings.

But.....but.....but how can that be? Surely K-Slacks can't possibly be pulling in the "right" demos!!!

But.....but.....but how can that be? Surely K-Slacks can't possibly be pulling in the "right" demos!!!

The top 5 in 25-54 are KUPD, KESZ, KMXP, KSLX and KOOL. Number 2, 3 and 4 are in a virtual tie (within the margin of error).

KSLX is also #4 in 19-49. And it has held those positions, give or take one or two narrowly separated rankings, for at least a year.

Mother Hubbard's purchase of the Gumpdusky stations at a bargain price has really paid off. Time will tell on their recent $1.8m purchase of translator 92~Seven.

What caught Nurse Jeff and my beady eyes in the latest ratings is the share some of the non-comms have in the Valley. KBAQ & KJZZ each have a 2.8, and KNAI 2.4 (a shared frequency down from 3.2 last month) Each of these stations have listening shares greater than KFYI, Sports Parking Lot 98~Seven, KKFR, KOAI, KAJM and Sports Parking Lots 6~Twenty & 9~Ten. Who woulda thunk a Classical Music station in a major market would score that well? NPR stations are performing very well in many markets (#1 in D.C.), and then there's KNAI - the non commercial that plays commercials because no one has the huevos to challenge their non-comm status like what was done in Visalia, Ca https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-16-10A1.pdf

Apparently you need a very good radio to pick up 92.7 in the East Valley. I can get a good signal with my outdoor antenna and FM set at home and in the car but it is very weak using anything else. I cannot receive 1440 (clear) except in the car. 93.3 HD comes in load and clear both in the car (driving around town) and at home (McClintock & Warner).

Apparently you need a very good radio to pick up 92.7 in the East Valley. I can get a good signal with my outdoor antenna and FM set at home and in the car but it is very weak using anything else. I cannot receive 1440 (clear) except in the car. 93.3 HD comes in load and clear both in the car (driving around town) and at home (McClintock & Warner).

92.7 has gotten worse lately, to be honest. They must have changed the pattern a bit to put more oomph toward central Phoenix and less toward the east.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom