• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KOOL FM..not so cool anymore?

Last edited:

Normal TMTOTB behaviour.

TMTOTB? Does that have anything to do with secret underwear and old men? Out of curiosity, has anyone played Bang 545 backwards to determine hidden messages? Sha-la-la-la becomes Al, Al, Al, Ahs, which does sound rather menacing. We may need to call someone at 12 Action News to investigate!

TMTOTB? Does that have anything to do with secret underwear and old men? Out of curiosity, has anyone played Bang 545 backwards to determine hidden messages? Sha-la-la-la becomes Al, Al, Al, Ahs, which does sound rather menacing. We may need to call someone at 12 Action News to investigate!

To Much Time On The Bong.

I heard Tone Loc's "Funky Cold Medina" on KOOL -- not that I'm complaining, but on KOOL? That just sounds wrong.

Reality check: That was 28 years ago. For those in their 40's and early 50' that is their music. Millennials say Tone Loc is really cool music that their parents like and danced to. With the exception of a few songs, the singles prior to the mid 70's are just a memory to the demo radio wants to reach. Even Brittany is considered out of fashion now. Time moves on.

They do play it, and it doesn't sit right with me

And it's still inexplicably in regular rotation on 93.3, proving correct my prediction that 93.3's fixation upon all things "alt-gold" would inevitably overlap into 94.5.

Before too long, 94.5 will also be playing Violent Femmes' "Blister In The Sun," too. On the station that used to play "Brown Eyed Girl" every hour on the hour.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom