• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jed the Fish selling his Pasadena 2.29 million dollar home

Bet the property tax is just killing him.

In CA, property tax is based on the purchase price, not appraisals. So he is likely paying a bit under 1.2% annually on the $425,000 purchase price. Cheaper than renting in LA.

Bet the property tax is just killing him.
I was thinking that as well. Always liked Jed, wanted to drop by the Pasadena Hilton once and say hi to him in 79 on my way out to KOLA. In 86 he was coming over to visit my good friend and independent Record promoter Jon Scott to pick up some 'stuff'. I asked if I could come over and meet him, the answer was no~

In CA, property tax is based on the purchase price, not appraisals. So he is likely paying a bit under 1.2% annually on the $425,000 purchase price. Cheaper than renting in LA.

He's paying just over $8k a year in taxes according to public records. That's $667 a month...can you rent anything for that? Nice return on the investment, and who wouldn't want to slide down that bannister!

He's paying just over $8k a year in taxes according to public records. That's $667 a month...can you rent anything for that? Nice return on the investment, and who wouldn't want to slide down that bannister!

At $8 k, that must mean that Pasadena has some bonds and other tax "add ons" that raise the base rate significantly. It's still much less than any rental you'd want to live in. Perhaps he is escaping the high costs of CA by moving to Tolleson or Peoria or Buckeye.

At $8 k, that must mean that Pasadena has some bonds and other tax "add ons" that raise the base rate significantly. It's still much less than any rental you'd want to live in. Perhaps he is escaping the high costs of CA by moving to Tolleson or Peoria or Buckeye.
Why I pay less to rent in Needles today than I did in North Hollywood 31 years ago, and I have twice the size apartment. Sure its 111 degrees right now with 125 degree weather to come. In recent times as the Industrial Medical Marijuana factories are being built we lost our Taco Bell and our only Supermarket Bashas' packed up and moved away. I'm eating out of a 99 Cents Only Store.

Truly sad news however our landmark Needles Denny's closed as well. Hadn't been cleaned since it opened in 1955

Last edited:
Sure its 111 degrees right now with 125 degree weather to come.

You are in Needles? Come on over to Palm Springs and cool off!

Total Assessed Value: $ 681,161

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom