• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ga Radio Hall of Fame Announces 2017 Inductees and Candidates

I met Shirley Ellis, one of the Career Achievement nominees, at a 4th of July party in Macon several years ago. When I introduced myself, she said, "I'm Mama Mia." Cracked me up.

GRHOF, I don't intend on joining up with you guys, but have the paper ballots for voting for the career achievement candidates been created? If not, I have 2 corrections for your website your webmaster needs to address. 1) Sabrina Gibbons-She's married now and it's Sabrina Cupit. 2) Keith Kalland-It says Peach 94.5 in his bio. It's supposed to be Peach 94.9. I apologize if I'm too late in contacting you in this thread here at Radio Discussions. I'm just pointing those things out. Anyway, that is all. Thank you for reading this post.

Thank you for the "Peach" correction. We don't use paper ballots. Several years ago we moved into the digital age. Voting is conducted by a reputable Washington company via the internet. There are a couple of members who do not have internet access so we provide them with a printed ballot. Sorry you won't be "joining up". Not everyone can afford the $25 lifetime membership charge, not to mention the uniforms.

GRHOF, I don't intend on joining up with you guys, but have the paper ballots for voting for the career achievement candidates been created? If not, I have 2 corrections for your website your webmaster needs to address. 1) Sabrina Gibbons-She's married now and it's Sabrina Cupit. 2) Keith Kalland-It says Peach 94.5 in his bio. It's supposed to be Peach 94.9. I apologize if I'm too late in contacting you in this thread here at Radio Discussions. I'm just pointing those things out. Anyway, that is all. Thank you for reading this post.

I wish you'd reconsider joining. It's a relatively small amount for a very good purpose. I've joined the GA and TX Hall of Fame organizations as well as the Bay Area (CA) group as I think these groups do a lot to preserve the history and memories of our industry.

Thank you David for being a member and strong supporter. Your efforts with American Radio History are greatly appreciated. We uses it regularly for help with archiving and verifying Georgia radio history.

I wish you'd reconsider joining. It's a relatively small amount for a very good purpose. I've joined the GA and TX Hall of Fame organizations as well as the Bay Area (CA) group as I think these groups do a lot to preserve the history and memories of our industry.

David, I would love to see you at the awards ceremony in October.

David, I would love to see you at the awards ceremony in October.

That would be fun. One of my daughters and two of my grandchildren live in Atlanta, so, as the jingle said, "double the pleasure, double the fun".

I think it would be awesome to join the GA Radio Hall Of Fame, but unfortunately, I'm unemployed and I'm still living with my parents. I'm 29 years old in case anyone's wondering. I still don't have a driver's license because I haven't been seizure free long enough to get one and then learn how to drive, but I am believing for the day to come when I will have been seizure free long enough to get a driver's license and learn how to drive. Yes, I am on medication concerning the seizures. As for the awards ceremony, even I were able to attend that, there's no way it would work because I have to go bed at 9:00 PM every night and wake up at 5:30 AM every morning. No, my parents did not make the bedtime mandatory; This was my own choice. No matter what time I do go to bed, I have to make absolute sure that I get 8.5 hours of sleep every night 7 nights a week and 365 nights a year (366 in a leap year) (including holidays & weekends). If I don't get enough sleep, I'll have a seizure. The reason for sleeping from 9:00 PM-5:30 AM is so I can wake up on Sunday mornings to listen to Sounds Of Faith online at http://www.soundsoffaith.net/ at 6:00 AM while I'm getting ready for church. Sounds Of Faith Radio, in case anyone's wondering, is based off of the Sunday morning Christian worship show that used to come on on both 94.9 The Bull WUBL-FM & the show's former flagship station present day Christian station 88.9 The Reach WMSL-FM out of Athens, GA. Sounds Of Faith Radio is a 24/7 Internet-only stream that, of course, still does theme editions of the show at Easter, Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July weekend, Patriot Day (9/11 remembrance weekend), and Christmas (the Christmas music is played every year between Thanksgiving & New Year's). 88.9 The Reach no longer airs the show because they wanted to become more like 104.7 The Fish WFSH-FM. Therefore, they shifted the music from traditional to contemporary. Of course, WMSL was known for its former names: Your Christian FM, Great 88, & Masterful 88.9. Anyway, I think I made my point. That is all.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom