• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Monica Matthews Show

AMFMRadFan

Frequent Participant
Hi everyone! I apologize for this thread being 2 months late. For anyone that's either been sleeping under a rock or you usually don't listen to WSB on Sunday mornings, I just thought you guys might like to know that The Monica Matthews Show has permanently taken Scott Slade's place on Sunday mornings. Therefore, AMN (Atlanta's Morning News) Sunday Edition no longer exists anymore. Don't worry, everyone. Scott Slade has not left WSB. The Mon-Fri during the week edition of AMN will continue to exist, and Scott will continue to host AMN during the week. Scott does still have to come in on Sunday mornings, but it's because he's the producer for The Monica Matthews Show. Monica Matthews calls Scott "Mr. P." for producer. The Monica Matthews Show comes on Sunday mornings at 8AM. The slogan for The Monica Matthews Show is considered to be, "Faith, Life, & Politics". Monica Matthews, like Monica Perez (who's on Saturdays 3PM-6PM), is a talk show host. Monica Matthews is also a recording artist and an ordained minister. I first heard of Monica Matthews when she filled in for Mark Arum on his show one time last year in 2016. It was earlier this year in January 2017 that Monica Matthews covered for Scott Slade while he was on assignment covering the Georgia General Assembly being in session at the state capitol. Then in April, it became official that Monica Matthews was permanently taking the Sladester's (Scott Slade's) place on Sunday mornings. I tune in whenever I stay home from church, and every time I tune in, she does an awesome job. She fits in so well with the shows that come on before her (Perspectives/Lutheran Hour/Day One/First Presbyterian Church of Atl.). For more information on Monica Matthews and her show, you may go to http://www.monicamatthews.com/. Anyway, that is all.

Here's something extra to my post that started this thread. Now that AMN Sunday Edition is known as The Monica Matthews Show, the folks at CMG (Cox Media Group) need to pass this along to VO (VoiceOver) artist Jeff Davis. I say this because whenever Monica Matthews returns from break on WSB, the folks at the board are erroneously playing Jeff Davis' VO intro that says, "Atlanta's Morning News Sunday Edition, brought to you by Northside Hospital." CMG has had more than enough time to get the VO intro changed. If a show with a sponsor changes the name of the show, the VO artist, no matter who it is, needs to start recognizing the new name of the show whenever he or she does VO intros. Anyway, now, that is all.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom