• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kathy Griffin Fired from CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
The American public have short memories. If Griffin is truly funny as a comedian, she will eventually find work again, and this will just be a blip on the news radar screen. She may not get big TV gigs, but there are plenty of venues out there for comedians. If she was funny enough to get on TV to begin with, she will be able to get gigs at comedy clubs, internet videocasts, etc.

Just my guess.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...y-griffins-back-baby-ve-been-there/102461514/

Update on the Griffin fallout.

After a rough week of outrage and lost jobs for Kathy Griffin, she's found a couple of famous friends in her corner.

A couple of days after Jim Carrey said it is a comedian's duty to cross the line, Alec Baldwin took to Twitter late Friday to defend the beleaguered comedian.

Griffin came under fire Tuesday for posing with a fake, severed Trump head in a photo shoot. She has since apologized, but after continued blowback, Griffin held a press conference Friday, where she said the president and his family "are trying to ruin my life forever.” (Few thought the additional publicity helped.)

The brouhaha brought back memories of 1998 for Baldwin, who was famously castigated for going on Conan O'Brien's show and ranting about stoning GOP Congressman Henry Hyde and his family to death. At the time, Hyde, who died in 2007, was one of many conservatives leading the charge to impeach Bill Clinton.

"Dear Kathy Griffin, Kathy....baby...I've been there," Baldwin tweeted. "The whole Henry Hyde thing w Conan, where we bring out an oxygen mask at the end? a joke. That's what I thought. That's what we intended. No one walked out of the studio and said, "No! We're serious!" No one."

Kathy....baby...I've been there.
The whole Henry Hyde thing w Conan, where we bring out an oxygen mask at the end

2- a joke. That's what I thought. That's what we intended. No one walked out of the studio and said, "No! We're serious!"
No one.
6:58 PM - 2 Jun 2017
408 408 Retweets 2,581 2,581 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
He continued: "but all your gutless, weasels in the GOP insisted that I actually threatened Hyde. They played the victim beautifully. Kathy...(screw) them. (Screw) them all. No 1 believes u meant 2 threaten Trump. Trump is such a senile idiot, all he has is Twitter fights. ignore him. Like the leaders of all the other countries in the world. Ignore him."

Yes Alec Baldwin steps in to respond to the fallout.

Excluding Trump: she made a mistake, did not unequivocally apologize, threw a blame-shifting fit and then held a tearful "why did they do this to me" pity party. She even dissed Anderson Cooper for not supporting something Cooper found reprehensible quite independent of whatever the President said.

The situation was not caused by Trump. It was caused by going to far in a world frightened by terrorists and real beheadings and massacres. She can find who to blame in a mirror

One last time - you cannot exclude Trump. He was the originator of the "bleeding" statement which she was parodying. She has owned her mistake. He never has and continues spewing his lies and inappropriate statements virtually every single day.

One last time - you cannot exclude Trump. He was the originator of the "bleeding" statement which she was parodying. She has owned her mistake. He never has and continues spewing his lies and inappropriate statements virtually every single day.

Everything in life is a reaction to something, right from the reason why a baby cries at birth.

Griffin did something inappropriate, and that is the view everyone from the far left to the extreme right, save for a few oddly dissident comments.

Griffin, in what was painted as an apology, tagged everyone she could think of as having a share of the blame for something that she did not truly take ownership of.

Griffin came across as a rude, spoiled brat who does things for shock value without considering that she lives in a society of peers who are not her serfs.

Last edited:

It doesn't matter. Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because Trump made an ass of himself and refuses to own up to it doesn't give Kathy Griffin or anybody else equal license to do the same thing. And she did not completely own up to what she did, any more than Ted Nugent did r.e. Obama years ago.

Adults are responsible for their own actions. Kathy, who is more than old enough to know better, just doesn't get it.

It doesn't matter. Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because Trump made an ass of himself and refuses to own up to it doesn't give Kathy Griffin or anybody else equal license to do the same thing. And she did not completely own up to what she did, any more than Ted Nugent did r.e. Obama years ago.

Adults are responsible for their own actions. Kathy, who is more than old enough to know better, just doesn't get it.

If Kathy just apologized and let it go, she probably would be back on track in no time. Instead she blames Trump for stalking her. (Which is a whole other thread). But, in the end, Kathy is not not handling this well, and it will hurt her in the long run. But, seriously, this event is so minimal that I can't believe I am even commenting on it! For that, I apologize.

If you are a celebrity and you comment on Trump, you will get a comment back. A new world in Presidential behavior for better or worse. I think worse.

Anyone who has not yet listened or read the statement by one of her attorney's (Lisa Bloom) should do so before making any additional criticisms. In it, among many other items of information related to this whole situation, is the reason Griffin published her photo. She was parodying Trump's own misogynistic statement regarding "blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her whatever".

In any event, Griffin's parody is protected under the Constitution (which courts have upheld many times) and the Trump family, using government resources such as the Secret Service to intimidate her and ruin her career are clearly illegal.

I too, thought her parody was way outside the boundaries of comedy, good taste and I am not a Griffin fan BUT Trump needs to understand that if he chooses to throw crap at people he owns the result.

The Secret Service doesn't take death threats lightly they had to investigate they did the same thing with Ted Nugent in 2012. Kathy's presser was a joke all I will say.

I think that this thread has covered and exhausted the "what if a radio personality did this" aspect and is now going 100% political. I'm requesting that Frank end the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom