• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fernand Amandi out at WIOD, replaced by Brian Mudd from WJNO

Yeesh. Radio in 2017, man. I doubt Amandi's politics factored into his being dismissed, iHeart is in way too much financial trouble to care who among them supports the president and who doesn't, all they want is someone super cheap or, better still, free to sit at the mic, preferably to read a spot. Filing a lawsuit might make some headlines but if iHeart was within their right to let him go then nothing will come of it except a few provocative news stories about censorship, bias, etc. And as for his show I never listened to him so for all I know he could have been great, average, or terrible.

Yeesh. Radio in 2017, man. I doubt Amandi's politics factored into his being dismissed, iHeart is in way too much financial trouble to care who among them supports the president and who doesn't, all they want is someone super cheap or, better still, free to sit at the mic, preferably to read a spot. Filing a lawsuit might make some headlines but if iHeart was within their right to let him go then nothing will come of it except a few provocative news stories about censorship, bias, etc. And as for his show I never listened to him so for all I know he could have been great, average, or terrible.

WIOD has been a revolving door (Footy, Rick Sanchez, Rich Minaya and now Amandi. I blame this on Ken Charles myself for the direction this station has been taken from the get-go. The biggest causality of downsizing and layoffs to a station that brought Neil Rogers, Rick and Suds, Phil Hendrie, etc. IHeart imploding in about a year will give a different programmer a chance to breathe new life to this fledgling on-air albatross.

Meh. Talk radio stopped being fun a long time ago. Republicans good, democrats bad, republicans bad, democrats good. You know what you're getting without even having to tune in.

Meh. Talk radio stopped being fun a long time ago. Republicans good, democrats bad, republicans bad, democrats good. You know what you're getting without even having to tune in.

When can one find "Democrats good" anymore? Randi Rhodes is long gone. Neil Rogers is, unfortunately, deceased. It's all "Republicans good, Democrats bad" on the radio dial.

True, but even Neil wasn't all politics all the time. In his day he was pretty well rounded (not a comment on his weight) not to mention quite entertaining. Randi I've only heard about. I didn't even know this guy Amandi was left leaning until I read the article. Figured he was just another conservative and never bothered to listen. Just goes to show what comes to mind when one hears 'talk radio': republicans good, democrats bad.

Too bad for Amandi. He wasn't the best talk show host, but he was far from the worst. Despite his politics, I found him to be honest and committed to holding good discussions. For the most part anyway. I did remember he had Anthony Weiner on as a guest co-host once. It was a bit odd to want to share a stage with that man, but I'm pretty sure it was before the most recent round of bad behavior was divulged.

Regardless, I'm sure Amandi's ouster is purely budgetary in nature. As are most things at iHeart

:D Yes :D
He could have been!
(or any or all three)

Too bad for Amandi. He wasn't the best talk show host, but he was far from the worst. Despite his politics, I found him to be honest and committed to holding good discussions. For the most part anyway. I did remember he had Anthony Weiner on as a guest co-host once. It was a bit odd to want to share a stage with that man, but I'm pretty sure it was before the most recent round of bad behavior was divulged.

Regardless, I'm sure Amandi's ouster is purely budgetary in nature. As are most things at iHeart

I never heard Amandi's show, but I avoid Glenn Beck's show that runs at 6 pm. I think liberals and conservatives can't stand him, so who tunes in?

I haven't listened to WIOD in years. If I will ever do, I would spend time with Jimmy Cefalo on South Florida's First News.

If not, then most of the time its 91.3 WLRN-FM or 97.9 WRMF for me and then 790 WAXY to get me some Danny and Stu.

NPR is hardly on commercial radio. Moreover, they mostly present two sides of issues. Unlike what is on the rest of the dial, most NPR hosts don't advocate for positions on issues.

My guess is that you also think CNN, CBS News, ABC News, PBS, and NBC News are all "objective" news sources. Straight down the middle, am I right?

My guess is that you also think...are all "objective" news sources.
Straight down the middle, am I right?
My favorite objective news sources are C-SPAN and TWC,
especially when the former reports on storms and
the later interviews politicians - in that order.

The last show I listened to regularly on WIOD was Coast to Coast but I fell out of the habit. It's a good show but I'm more likely to listen to WDNA or Evenin' Jazz on WLRN when it gets near bedtime.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom