• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

ABC 7Chubbuck suicide tape just got leaked!

Jonathan7157

Frequent Participant
According to TVSpy, somebody under the name "kyuss" just leaked the Christine Chubbuck suicide tape, yes, the real one from WXLT, the current-day WWSB-TV in Sarasota on YouTube. Nobody knows how this YouTuber got the tape, since Vulture reported that the widow of Robert Nelson (who used to own the station) has kept the tape secret, but after Sundance, she gave it to a law firm.. I won't link you to the video since it's well, you know, but I will link you to the story from TVSpy.

It got removed at first, but today, I saw it on my recommended list on YouTube, so I think it came back, but someone else brought it back, and it was "ryder356". Honestly, I didn't know about this until today.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/long-lo...chors-on-air-suicide-posted-to-youtube/185702

Edit: Sorry for adding the ABC 7 part. I hit the Enter button from the title by accident as I was typing. :confused: Can someone rename the title to "WWSB/WXLT's Christine Chubbuck tape just got leaked!"

Last edited:
grainy video, horrible audio, looks like a 6th generation VHS Dub stored in the attic of a hot humid house for 35+ years

not worth watching so don't bother to go looking for it.... besides it answers nothing and solves nothing

grainy video, horrible audio, looks like a 6th generation VHS Dub stored in the attic of a hot humid house for 35+ years

not worth watching so don't bother to go looking for it.... besides it answers nothing and solves nothing

What's to solve? It's a video of a woman shooting herself in the head behind an anchor desk.The only question is why the long shot at that point in the newscast, but I'm sure there's a logical explanation.

No, I don't want to watch a decades old snuff film.

I know. I'll pass too. I wouldn't recommend anyone to this video either. Especially if it's the "Chubbuck Tape". The first instance of this leaked video I saw, was a video that has a front image (image seen before you click on a video) of a "Technical Difficulties" slide of WXLT-TV.

However, people around the Suncoast and around the country (possibly) are questioning how the original user leaked the tape on YouTube, or how he managed to get a hold of the tape from this "big law firm" that Mollie Nelson (the widow of Robert Nelson, original owner of WXLT/WWSB) gave the tape to. Also, the authenticity of the video, because of this claim that the tape is supposed to be secure by a "very large law firm" has no consensus and it's authenticity is up in the air.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/all-signs-point-to-sarasota-suicide-footage-being-a-possible-fake/185757

Last edited:
I am too late.
I was so excited.
Then, I got this.
Does anyone have any newer leads?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom