• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Formula 1 Car Racing on NBC this morning

NBC has been putting the Memorial Weekend race on NBC (the mothership) for a few years now. So folks can see all 3 forms of racing

F1 on NBC
Indy500 on ABC
Coke 600 on FOX

The race began at 4:30AM PDT so I am willing to bet the majority of viewers were in the East and judging by the results posted on Yahoo Sports the race must have been pretty boring as F1 tends to be. The first six starters all finished in the top six so I am guessing the race had a bare minimum of passing among the top qualifiers. Seems although Bernie is gone, thankfully, not much has changed in F1.

It wasn't a bad race. F1 can be "dry" to American racing fans, true, but this one with a potential one pit stop strategy was made more interesting by Jenson Button's crash that turned Pascal Wehrlein's car on it's side at the tunnel entrance.
Fox and NBC have made the Monaco race available to American fans for several years to hype the day's racing calendar. When you've got Monaco, Indy, and Charlotte in one day the diehard fans (like ME) plan ahead for it.

another reason NBC does this race lice is that on Memorial Day Weekend you have the three big racing series with three of the flagship events of the respective series.(Although NASCAR does start the season with a flagship event also). And since Monaco is a flagship event and kicks off perhaps the single biggest day of motorsports of the year NBC decides to run it on the OTA network.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom