• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New translator!!

The only thing I could find close to it is K248CJ but it says owned by Elohim Group Corporation. And it also says Primary station KODA. But it says 97.5 and it shows to cover KATY area. And not here, so I don't think it's this station.

Sounds good all over The Heights, Northside, came to a party over here by Beltway 8 and Wallisville. Lost signal as I drove on I10 by Federal Rd then when I caught The beltway by Wallisville it picked up again.

The 97.3 signal seems to be stronger than it was a few days ago. Pretty good near downtown.

Wonder if the eventual programmer is the supposed new client for KODA HD2, which was still running CHR last I checked.

Hasn't changed Formats yet, but their RDS is displaying LATINO SPORT RADIO 97.3.

"Sport" without the "s" on the end? Should be "Sports".

This blog has de-volved into arguing about Micro-watt issues. MrTejano made 9 of the current 15 posts, including 5 of the first 5 messages, about a “New Translator” where the 5th consecutive post was, “Ok so it's not a new FM translator so let me correct myself. The call signs are K246cq.” Then, we are reminded by DavidE: "Sport" without the "s" on the end? Should be "Sports." I guess it’s asking too much for us to focus on things that actually have some relevance in today’s broadcasting world.

This blog has de-volved into arguing about Micro-watt issues. MrTejano made 9 of the current 15 posts, including 5 of the first 5 messages, about a “New Translator” where the 5th consecutive post was, “Ok so it's not a new FM translator so let me correct myself. The call signs are K246cq.” Then, we are reminded by DavidE: "Sport" without the "s" on the end? Should be "Sports." I guess it’s asking too much for us to focus on things that actually have some relevance in today’s broadcasting world.

Go ahead and post, I want to see your post that have some sort of "relevance".

I haven't see you or anyone else post anything here. So I took it to liberty to try to keep this Houston Radio blog alive. Go ahead and take a look and see when was the last time someone else has posted anything.

In the last year or so, aside from a format shift at CBS (doing really well) and one at Radio One (or whatever it is now called) {and doing horribly}, there is not much Houston news other than all the translator moves, changes and even appearance in the ratings.

If you have some more "relevant" news, why not post it? (Rhetorical question, I fear).

They should be micro-watt issues. The unfortunate reality is some of the translators that have appeared recently in Houston are broadcasting with power that far exceeds their authorizations, hence the interference issues being reported with full power stations.

They should be a non-issue really, but one of these translator owners in particular seems to think they're operating full power radio stations, and in effect they are - just not legally. Some of them are effectively operating with what would be height derated class A facilities. Illegal, but the Commission either doesn't know or can't be bothered to do anything about it.

They probably just don't know. I bet I could operate a pirate station with 100 watts for years and they wouldn't find out. Their only regulatory office is in Dallas from what I understand, so they have to send someone down to investigate every complaint, assuming complaints are filed for all these illegal stations. If you care, go here and file complaints away.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom