• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Multiple Miami Format Flips?

The other site is hinting at a Throwback format and "answer" coming to Miami. Salem is not in the market to be able to put their "The Answer" talk brand on. Throwback if done correctly to fit the Miami market I've always thought could create some major buzz, but if it will just be a nationally researched log then it will be dead on arrival. I see WSFS, or WRTO as candidates for this, any other guesses on these two formats and where they will land?

The other site is hinting at a Throwback format and "answer" coming to Miami. Salem is not in the market to be able to put their "The Answer" talk brand on. Throwback if done correctly to fit the Miami market I've always thought could create some major buzz, but if it will just be a nationally researched log then it will be dead on arrival. I see WSFS, or WRTO as candidates for this, any other guesses on these two formats and where they will land?

The hip hop throwback format seems to have an immensely short lifespan. Many that had the format have flipped or modified heavily.

WRTO is one of the market's better billers... not a likely option at all.

Salem operates WKAT, WHIM, and WZAB in Miami. WKAT had a conservative political format back in the mid 2000s with the usual Savage, Ingraham, Medved lineup if memory serves. I remember seeing their 'Liberals Hate It' billboards along 595 at the time. Didn't last.

The hip hop throwback format seems to have an immensely short lifespan. Many that had the format have flipped or modified heavily.

WRTO is one of the market's better billers... not a likely option at all.

If it does happen. I see a short lived throwback on a HD or translator channel. I don't know how many (translators) are in the market and coverage would be marginal.

If it does happen. I see a short lived throwback on a HD or translator channel. I don't know how many (translators) are in the market and coverage would be marginal.

Let's begin the countdown to see how long it lasts.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom