• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KNAI GM Under Investigation

DrAkbar

Star Participant
Michael Nowakowski, EVP of Radio Campesina (KNAI) and Phoenix City Councilman, is under investigation by the AZ Attorney General. The allegation is he used inside information regarding a prime city owned parcel to benefit his employer, the Cesar Chavez Foundation. Nowakowski claims he didn't know CCF put in a bid for the parcel, but when it was announced they were the winning bidder (along with developer Trammel Crow), then the cries of foul play were heard. Seems the AG's office has interviewed three other city employees, and Councilman Sal "a bulldog's pal" Dicciccio wants to know what they know about this and other back door deals at 200 W Washington. Now hizzoner Greg "never let a photo opp pass you by" Stanton has chimed in, telling Diciccio what these three said is none of his bees wax. Stanton is termed out, while Dicciccio is up for re-election...guess where all of this is going?!

What's the KNAI connection? Nothing, on the surface. But if dirt is found, Nowakowski's character as a manager of eight Radio Campesina stations comes into question. As Nurse Jeff and I've always said, when it comes to character...there are plenty of them in this business. Present company included!

Last edited:
Both him and Mike Barna were seen shopping for soap on a rope ahead of a likely incarceration

My feeling is that Fenwick has a personal beef with Mr. Barna. We don't know if they've been operating like this since Harold Shumway owned KSWG. And Shumway once worked for "renegades" Melton and Norris at KUPD.

As far as I know, Melton and Norris never spent time behind bars for the way they ran KUPD; they just lost their license. I don't think Barna will go to jail either.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom