• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Breaking: Brian Wison out at WMAL

From what I see it looks like he was fired, as I read this

Brian Wilson Gone From WMAL - 5/19 - Breaking news late Friday: DCRTV hears that morning host Brian Wilson has been given the boot from Cumulus news talker WMAL after six years. Wilson is a former Fox News and Channel 5/WTTG reporter. More as we hear it.....

This would have been written by whoever did the article, and I wouldn't think that anybody that was given the boot, would have quit on their own. Which might be bad news for somebody that shares the same name as a member of the Beach Boys. Who come on, I couldn't resist saying that. I don't think you can say that somebody that quit on their own was given the boot, that would be at least strange to say.

I thought something was up last month when they did the entire show on a Monday with no mention of Brian's name.

Wonder if this has anything to do with pairing him with a permanent co-host who wasn't a good match.

And why isn't Mary Walter there this morning?

Here's a quote from Brian via Tom Taylor:

Brian Wilson jokes that “I’m going to pursue my lifelong desire to be a Walmart greeter” – but that’s likely not this radio pro’s next chapter.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom