Breaking: Brian Wison out at WMAL

Thread: Breaking: Brian Wison out at WMAL

Breaking: Brian Wison out at WMAL

DCRTV.COM is reporting that Brian Wilson is out at WMAL. DCRTV does not know if he quit or was fired.

http://www.dcrtv.com/

From what I see it looks like he was fired, as I read this

Brian Wilson Gone From WMAL - 5/19 - Breaking news late Friday: DCRTV hears that morning host Brian Wilson has been given the boot from Cumulus news talker WMAL after six years. Wilson is a former Fox News and Channel 5/WTTG reporter. More as we hear it.....

This would have been written by whoever did the article, and I wouldn't think that anybody that was given the boot, would have quit on their own. Which might be bad news for somebody that shares the same name as a member of the Beach Boys. Who come on, I couldn't resist saying that. I don't think you can say that somebody that quit on their own was given the boot, that would be at least strange to say.

I thought something was up last month when they did the entire show on a Monday with no mention of Brian's name.

Wonder if this has anything to do with pairing him with a permanent co-host who wasn't a good match.

And why isn't Mary Walter there this morning?

Here's a quote from Brian via Tom Taylor:

Brian Wilson jokes that “I’m going to pursue my lifelong desire to be a Walmart greeter” – but that’s likely not this radio pro’s next chapter.

From All Access: https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...mal-washington

Apparently he tweeted on Friday that it was his last day.

I note that WABC gave their midday host Ron Kuby his marching orders last week too... Pretty much the same way.
    Radio station employee...<br />Amateur photographer...<br />Cat slave...<br />Sarcasm expert...<br />Annual USA visitor...