KAAM flipping to Christian Talk - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: KAAM flipping to Christian Talk

I bought time on KAAM in the late 80's and it was the flagship station of my nostalgia radio network which ran old radio drama's like the green hornet and great comedy shows like Bob Hope and Jack Benny. It lead to more stations where I did the same for years and it was a good station I remember the building was very modern and it had lots of glass walls and was a fine time for me in radio as a client instead of a worker at a station. I will miss KAAM as it was and wish them well trying to survive in anyway they can. As Bob Hope would say thanks for the memories KAAM Dallas.

I harken back to the days of Hubcap Carter (RIP) and the Saturday Night Oldies show (No requests, but suggestions are OK..) and the wonderful AM Stereo sound they had, until sunset. Then the signal would drop, and so would the quality and stability of the Motorola AM Stereo system. Summertime helped extend the full power listening time and received quality.
    Last edited by Megapsycle; 06-30-2017 at 02:23 PM.
    Alumnus 1970 - Elkins Institute of Radio Licensing and Broadcasting

Quote Originally Posted by Megapsycle View Post
    I harken back to the days of Hubcap Carter (RIP) and the Saturday Night Oldies show (No requests, but suggestions are OK..) and the wonderful AM Stereo sound they had, until sunset. Then the signal would drop, and so would the quality and stability of the Motorola AM Stereo system. Summertime helped extend the full power listening time and received quality.
    Agreed. Their monster daytime signal put good stereo out West about 290 miles, when co-channel KKOB started interfering. When they succumbed to the siren song of HD, I couldn't get HD lock less than 10 miles from their towers, and my HD radio was performing perfectly on other HD stations in the area, some much more distant. The sound went bad as well. It is no wonder a music format didn't attract an audience. When they stopped that HD nonsense, they should have opened up the audio to wideband mono, instead they left the muffler on. Perfectly good for talk - not much good for anything else.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234