Radio Leaves Money On the Table - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Radio Leaves Money On the Table

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDog View Post
    That's an interesting take. Perhaps Jeff Bezos has no idea what to do with Whole Foods now that he's made an offer. My guess is that he does have a pretty good idea. Maybe he's wrong but I doubt he made an offer so that he could "figure it out" later.
    He has an idea what HE wants to do, but we'll see how his idea fits with the reality. This is the same guy who wants to deliver packages with drones. I order things from Amazon all the time and have yet to have a package delivered by a drone. So that may have been one of his ideas that fell by the wayside. There are many things he doesn't know or understand about the grocery business. Fortunately this is a smaller grocery company, so if he's wrong, or discovers he's in over his head, he won't drown completely.

Westergren's qualifications are as a musician. He wanted a music delivery system that was good for musicians. His problem is that he's working for the wrong company. He couldn't find a way to be generous with musicians and make a profit for his investors. He should be working for SoundExchange. Perhaps that's where we'll see him next.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Westergren's qualifications are as a musician. He wanted a music delivery system that was good for musicians. His problem is that he's working for the wrong company. He couldn't find a way to be generous with musicians and make a profit for his investors. He should be working for SoundExchange. Perhaps that's where we'll see him next.
    I was completely wrong about Pandora myself. Way before all those competitors came on the scene, I thought Westergren was building up a huge barrier to entry with the Music Genome Project® run by human musicologists. It didn't work out that way did it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234