• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Former Fox News Chairman/CEO Roger Ailes Dies

Jonathan7157

Frequent Participant
Roger Ailes, formerly from Fox News has died at 77

I don't know how to react to this :confused: , because if I say what was my reaction to this, things might get political, due to his recent allegations.

Roger Ailes, who built Fox News into a powerhouse, dies at 77

Roger Ailes, who transformed cable news and then American politics by building Fox News into a ratings powerhouse, died Thursday. He was 77.

The death was announced by his family and reported on Fox News Channel.

"I am profoundly sad and heartbroken to report that my husband, Roger Ailes, passed away this morning," his wife, Elizabeth, said in a statement. "Roger was a loving husband to me, to his son Zachary, and a loyal friend to many. He was also a patriot, profoundly grateful to live in a country that gave him so much opportunity to work hard, to rise -- and to give back."

Ailes started Fox News almost from scratch in 1996 and built it into not just a cable news ratings leader but a profound influence on the right wing of American politics.

Ailes was arguably the most powerful man in media when he suddenly lost his job last summer. Gretchen Carlson, a former Fox anchor, sued him for sexual harassment, and other women came forward to support her claims. Ailes resigned July 21.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/18/media/roger-ailes-dies/index.html

Last edited:
Roger_Ailes-150x120.jpg
One of the founders of the FOX News Channel, Ailes passed away this morning. "He was a patriot," his wife stated in a statement provided to Drudge Report. Ailes exited Fox on July 21, 2016, after sexual harassment accusations from Gretchen Carlson and others put a dark cloud on his 20 years building the network.

More...

I happened to have Rush Limbaugh's show on in the car yesterday and it sounded like Ailes was the greatest man who ever lived. He described, and played a recording of himself saying more about this from 2009, how Ailes gave him his start. If you can imagine it, Rush wasn't confident and Ailes pushed him.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom