Joe Raineri, Revolution Radio 93.5 and West Palm Beach - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Joe Raineri, Revolution Radio 93.5 and West Palm Beach

Oh, in a JVC 93.5 footnote:

Up in Orlando, they have Wildermier rimshot W231CT at 94.1, which is carrying the HD-2 channel of Country Wolf 103.1 WOTW. It's 93.5 The Bar allllll ovvvver again; that station was a rimshot to West Palm Beach, and this 94.1 translator has the same coverage issues. I mention this on this thread, because, outside the the different branding as "Bud" and "Beer Boobs and Rock" its EXACTLY like 93.5 The Bar. They programmed locally, in house in WPB, for the Bar and I think JVC literally took all the automation hard drives with the Bar's old programming and hooked it up to the 103.1 HD channel and let 'er rip.

And I wonder how long it will take before Anheiser/Bush issue cease and desist orders regarding this Bar-clone. Look at that Bud logo; it replicates the Bud beer logo and the station slogan is "The King of Rock" (aka King of Beers is Bud's slogan).

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Radio Dude View Post
    I know this is the information which appears on Wikipedia and at R adio I nsight, however, that information is incorrect. I can't locate the old Radio Television and Business Report, which broke the story (or reported when the sale by JVC for 93.5 was announced), but in this article, JVC COO John Caracciolo clearly stated that (not only) was W233CJ 92.5 not part of the sale to Zoo Communications, but the True Oldies Channel will not move over to 92.5 once the sale of 93.5 is completed. Again, I can't find the article, but it's out there.
    As of 6pm 92.5 is carrying WSVU so that solves that mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by strangelove View Post
    As of 6pm 92.5 is carrying WSVU so that solves that mystery.
    Thanks for posting that!

Yes, it all chalks up to poor research on the part of the TV and/or entertainment media who are not well versed in radio broadcasting. And even the radio media mucks it up most times. That's what caused much of the confusion and speculations regarding JVC's current happenings, with 92.5 and with 93.5 -- the WPTV Channel 5 article (linked earlier in this thread), in particular.

For the record: Revolution 93.5 first started out on WZFL-FM Islamorada, Florida, in the middle Keys. Then, Zoo Communications (now Anco) expanded and picked up a Dade County translator at 93.5, W228BY. Then, upon the failure of IHeart’s The Bull, Zoo picked up the translator at W228BV 93.5 in Broward. I mention this because “reports” stated Revolution started on the two translators, then expanded to the Islamorada signal. Wrong. The Keys’ WZFL “feeds” the translators, not the other way around. WZFL is the primary.

As for 93.5 WBGF: It is not and was not and NEVER will be “upgraded” to 50,000 watts as the WPTV article states. WBGF is and will always be a C3 15,500 watt station. It’s not “moving” as WBGF’s “upgrade” and “move” has long since been completed, well over a year ago—and was all well documented on JVC’s old (since deleted) Facebook page for 93.5 The Bar. The company who did the upgrades (all new transmitters and processors, etc) tagged JVC COO John Caracciolo in the photos, a post; he, in turn, reposted it onto 93.5 The Bar’s Facebook. Then, the Bar’s “social media person” posted the usual lame, “can you hear me, now” jokes, “we’re rockin’ West Palm Beach,” etc. To which people replied: “no, we can’t” and “no, you’re not,” and “we still can’t hear you.” It’s still a weak “rimshot” in need of another translator to get it into downtown WPB.

Hopefull, with Anco’s aggressive expansion, they’ll could (speculating) pick up a translator in WPB. And, it would be smart for them to pick up that currently silent, proposed 93.5 translator in Boca from Jorgensen—between that, and W228BV 93.5 in Fort Lauderdale, Revolution could have Broward covered up to at least Linton Blvd in Delray, by which point, WBGF starts to come in. Not sure of the “engineering” on it, but since Anco has all the 93.5s locked up (and most likely Jorgensen’s 93.5 will have to move to a new frequency anyway, if its not purchased by Anco), Anco might even be able to get “another “93.5” set up in DT WPB. Just a thought. Pretty amazing, when you think of it…Revolution 93.5 is a “superstation” that has the possibility to cover the Keys all the way to DT West Palm Beach with no dead spots. But not because WBGF is "50,000 watts" as the WPTV article states--its because Revolution broadcasts on four different signals that blanket South Florida.

Anyway, that “nudge” seven miles east for WBGF is a long gone, done deal, no more “upgrades,” WBGF is upgraded. It can’t move 40 miles into WPB as a Class A 3,000 watter. The “studies” were done for a Class A reduction—it was determined it would interfered with WGYL 93.7 in Vero Beach.

So, the ONLY station that is 50,000 watts is Revolution Radio’s primary station, which feeds the two translators (which I think are 250w each) and 93.5 WBGF 15,000 outlet, and that is WZFL.

Cross threading: as for WFLL 1400, it’s not “moving” either. Again, “studies” were done. A move any further north or west into Broward (say on WHSR 980 in Parkland, Beasley’s outlet) would cause interference for WIRA 1400, who ironically had their own translator at 97.1 which caused interference for WOSN-97.1, Indian River Shores and was taken off the air. That’s why the deal was made with MRBI’s WEXYit was the ONLY logical choice and only optimum option for WFLL to set up shop and cover Broward (on equal with its previous coverage area) without causing northern interference with WIRA--since, as it has been discussed extensively on these boards, it is cheaper and more economical to RENT than OWN, considering the lack of real estate in Broward to build a tower and X-mitter site from scratch.
    Last edited by Poor Radio Dude; 08-02-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    [SIZE=2 The Keys’ WZFL “feeds” the translators, not the other way around. WZFL is the primary.
    No, WZFL provides audio to WHYI-HD2, and the HD originates for the two translators. The translators can not "translate" for the Islamorada station as they are both significantly outside the primary and secondary contours of WZFL and can not be used for a commercial translator.

Revolution 93.5 is a “superstation” that has the possibility to cover the Keys all the way to DT West Palm Beach with no dead spots.
    Most of the West Palm Beach population does not receive a usable signal. In Dade and Broward, just over 1 million people have a usable signal out of a market population of 4.6 million. The Islamorada signal does nor cover any significant piece of South Dade, either. And it only covers a small piece of the upper keys, the 60 dbu barely covers 20,000 persons.

So, the ONLY station that is 50,000 watts is Revolution Radio’s primary station, which feeds the two translators (which I think are 250w each) and 93.5 WBGF 15,000 outlet, and that is WZFL.
    WZFL does not feed the two translators. It provides programming to the leased HD2 of WHYI. WHYI-HD2 feeds the translators.

One translator is 179 watts, the other is 250 watts. Both are quite directional.

Last edited by DavidEduardo; 08-02-2017 at 09:43 PM.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

[B]...as for WFLL 1400, it’s not “moving” either...A move any further north or west into Broward...would cause interference for WIRA 1400,...
    That’s why the deal was made with MRBI’s WEXYit was the ONLY logical choice and only optimum option for WFLL to set up shop and cover Broward...without causing northern interference with WIRA
    --since, as it has been discussed extensively on these boards, it is cheaper and more economical to RENT than OWN, considering the lack of real estate in Broward to build a tower and X-mitter site from scratch.
    What about moving south?
    The nearest consideration to the south is a third (3'rd) channel adjacency in Homested.
    Last edited by ai4i; 08-03-2017 at 06:15 AM.
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

93.5 WBGF has officially switched to Revolution 93.5

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456