• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

April 2017 Boston Radio Ratings.

So even a knuckle dragging, misogynist, low IQ radio show beats kuhner..........

You said it, not me :)

mcscreamer is leaving wmex

If WMEX is being shopped around for sale, this isn't really surprising.

I suppose the only person there I really feel bad for is Sandy Shack.

Though maybe we'll get lucky and they'll swap out The Shrew on RKO morning show with her :)

Info came from a caller who spoke directly to her on her show this afternoon. I don't listen to her show but I do listen to WMEX...I switch over to Howie at 3 everyday, today I walked into a room where the radio was still on WMEX and heard the caller tell mcscreamer that he'll call her again before her last day...."rumor" has it the last day is 6/2....morning guys have been working without a contract since before Christmas and have been sending out demos since then....all this week "Sandy" Nancy Shack Morrison has been off and will be off the rest of the week, not sure what this is about.....

You said it, not me :)

If WMEX is being shopped around for sale, this isn't really surprising.

I suppose the only person there I really feel bad for is Sandy Shack.

Though maybe we'll get lucky and they'll swap out The Shrew on RKO morning show with her :)

Fat chance of RKO getting rid of the shrew...afterall...women are jealous of her and that's why they keep her on the air AND they have the fabulous VB....I came across his twitter account recently.....VB the wise......let that sink in! Sandy would be a welcomed breathe of fresh air back on RKO, she can take over the noon to three slot, oh wait, koooooooooooooooona's going national, by cracky he is...any day now, any day...the ratings are through the roof I tell ya and hell, his ratings are three times what Rush's were in that time slot, he's gonna go national, I just know he is, I can feel it in my bones AND Bill Kelly will pay for him to "go national"!

I've never worked in the professional broadcasting industry (I do hold an amateur radio and a few commercial radio licenses as part of my job, and a good friend's father, Bob Ogren, worked in the industry and got me interested in many aspects of radio) so I need to ask...

It is professionally embarrassing to be beat 2-to-1 by "Bubba the Love Sponge" who has his own "Bubba Radio Network" ?

2znztj4.jpg

Nice try, but that is not how these things work. Rankings are what is known in statistics as "ordinal" data, meaning the numbers represent relative positions of categorical (qualitative or non-numerical) data, and as such are not related to one another by any numerical ratio. E.g., does Rush' being no. 1 mean he has twice the ratings of Hannity, or three times those of Dave Ramsey, or 79 times those of Kuhner? The answer is no. Neither can Kuhner's be less than half of Bubba's. Sorry.

morning guys have been working without a contract since before Christmas and have been sending out demos since then

my understanding is one of the morning guys is a co-owner... the one who never shows up on time for the show, I believe. I recall the other guy needling him about it one morning.

Nice try, but that is not how these things work. Rankings are what is known in statistics as "ordinal" data, meaning the numbers represent relative positions of categorical (qualitative or non-numerical) data, and as such are not related to one another by any numerical ratio. E.g., does Rush' being no. 1 mean he has twice the ratings of Hannity, or three times those of Dave Ramsey, or 79 times those of Kuhner? The answer is no. Neither can Kuhner's be less than half of Bubba's. Sorry.

Not really what I asked, but, good to know nonetheless.

my understanding is one of the morning guys is a co-owner... the one who never shows up on time for the show, I believe. I recall the other guy needling him about it one morning.

Morning guys are John Pica and Bryan Berner.....Bryan is the General Manager and his sister Mary Remmer and her husband (Daly XXL Communications LLC) are owners. Bryan had a habit of rolling in 20 minutes or so after the show started but he's been broken of that habit, it's been a long while since he's showed up late. The show is billed as "the hottest comedy show in Boston"...they fail miserably IMO. I used to enjoy the show when I first started listening, but, now it borders on the ridiculous most days, I don't get some of the comedy and the constant ragging on the other guys is childish...one guy in particular "mental head Nick" they brutally abuse him, they provoke him and then lambaste him when he responds....the other guy "news guy Alex", not sure if it's an act of if he really is a little "slow" but they abuse him as well, they throw things at him, pinch him, punch him, not sure if this is discussed before hand and it's all an act but I know Alex has told them multiple times to stop when they are pinching/punching him and they don't...as for "mental head Nick" that nonsense is not rehearsed or discussed before hand, they mentioned it the other day, it's real and IMO it's juvenile and disgusting behavior. "Mental head Nick" hasn't showed up for the last two days, apparently he's been fired, not sure if it's true or not. Then there's their exec producer Matt who they claim is dumb and useless and have been threatening to fire him since before Christmas. Matt doesn't like it when these two abuse him, but, when they are abusing "metal head Nick" he joins right in. Doesn't matter, "rumor" has it next Saturday the current format ends. Renegade guys announced today that they will be broadcasting live next Thursday nite 7-10 from F1 Braintree, they made a point of saying it is NOT a going away party.....snicker.....me thinks they are lying!

Last edited:
A few minutes ago:
"Here's news guy Alex"
"Hey, happy birthday, a-hole."
He said it the slightly cleaned up way i typed it.
Comedy

had me rolling over in stitches. not.

gee, can't figure out why they're going belly-up.

raccoon....yes I heard it. Some of the so called "comedy" I get, but most of it is just juvenile nonsense but what's amazing is these two admit that they act like kids, they mention how they're in their 40's and act like children....I don't know, maybe it's a guy kind of humor - I'm not a guy so maybe these things go over my head!

I'm a guy, and that humor was funny maybe half a century ago when I was a teenager.

I do not know what the show's demographic market is, but I'm amazed they get any advertisers.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom