• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ratings question

I see that WFLC-HD2, 80s Hits, is showing up with a 0.1. Are they being broadcast on a translator? Or is that really ratings from an HD2 channel?

I believe no translator. This would be WFLC-HD2 with listening most likely in a car or from an internet stream by Nielsen audio PPM panel members.

No translator for that station, just the HD. Has anyone listened to FLC-HD2? When I last listened it was when Gnarly Charlie was doing the imaging and the music was essentially the same fare they played during the 80s weekend on the main channel. Did they expand the playlist or is it pretty much the same?

Last edited:
Eighties Hits is not available online
Neither is Party 93
Nor is Xtreme Hiphop
Nor is Today's Lite
Nor is Soulfire
In fact, to my knowledge,
this and that are the only semi-original HD-2's in Miami that are available online
A few years ago, Gretchen 99.9 was also available online

Why are stations putting effort into these channels
but keeping them such closely guarded secrets?

Last edited:
Today's LIFE *is* available online...
True, but the listener must firstly know about it,
because not a trace is mentioned here.
Again, the stations are doing everything possible hide them.
Alex Jones would agree...LOL

True, but the listener must firstly know about it,
because not a trace is mentioned here.
Again, the stations are doing everything possible hide them.
Alex Jones would agree...LOL

A valid point to consider, ai4i -- though one might also argue that the audience that visits LiteMiami.com (and the cume that listens to 101.5 LITE FM) is not the audience interested in a Barry-Barbra-and-Neil format.

I suspect that a separate, hyper-targeted external marketing campaign for TodaysLifeMiami.com (and 101.5-HD2) would be of greater value. Perhaps that's on the horizon.

I had no idea that floormat forty-one was nationally syndicated
until I heard the same music on Joy 107 and 770 in Fort Myers at the time.
Going into and out of the satellite feed was amazingly slick.

Do you know if Joy 108 in Orlando also carried the format? According to the comments in this video they were sister stations.

This might be a ratings first anywhere! I've never heard of an HD2 (or 3 or 4) channel getting any ratings without some translator!!!! (and not including streams -- I mean actual BROADCAST!)

Solo FM HDs have made a couple of dozen appearances in books. Several, such as one of the DH-2 channels on DC's NPR station, show regularly.

Rare, but not unique.

Solo FM HDs have made a couple of dozen appearances in books. Several, such as one of the DH-2 channels on DC's NPR station, show regularly.

Rare, but not unique.

St. Louis is a prime example. They at one time had a whole program director and manager for one of the Emmis HD stations.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom