• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

K277de 103.3

ChuckTiller

Star Participant
AM1070 KNTH's translator is on the air. It's 250 watts. It might help slightly to the northeast and slightly north. The common denominator is that all of these translators are low power. Thus, you cannot expect great coverage. This weekend, I intend to drive it at night to see if it gets in better in Humble or even Kingwood. If it gets in those areas, I'll be pleased. If it doesn't, I won't lose any sleep over it. On a related translator, I was in Missouri City Saturday night and listened to KTEK's translator at 96.1. It was 'fuzzy' but it was there.

You can hear 96.1 KIOX in Kendleton, but not in Sugar Land.

KIOX would make a perfect affiliate for the Astros Radio Network.

No sign of K277DE at my Cy-Fair location. I'm about seven miles from the transmitter site. According to the contour map I saw a while back, it should be easily receivable. But just hearing a choppy KJOJ.

Same here so sign of K277DE here either I live by 59 North and Crosstimbers. Also picking up a choppy KJOJ

No sign of K277DE in Spring, at 99 and 45... KJOJ is coming in pretty well, though.

Yup, still no K277DE Tuesday evening here in Cy-Fair. Still hearing KJOJ with some KBIU mixed in.

Memo to Chuck Tiller: I don't think your translator is on the air.

Yup, still no K277DE Tuesday evening here in Cy-Fair. Still hearing KJOJ with some KBIU mixed in.

Memo to Chuck Tiller: I don't think your translator is on the air.

Memo to Mediafrog: You are absolutely correct! We had to turn it off. When we turned it on, it had an effect on KNTH's pattern. We have eleven towers out there which controls where that signal is supposed to cover. That pattern is so tight, that the least amount of anything RF can affect it. The FM is on one of those towers. As soon as our engineer makes sure that the KNTH pattern is within tolerance, we will turn it back on. You should be able to hear it in Cypress, when we get it back on the air. When I posted the announcement, we were on for about an hour. I did not know until the next morning, when I arrived at the studio. He thinks it should be a simple adjustment. When KENR (KNTH) came on the air in the late 1960s, it was a monumental effort to get it on the air. At that time it was nine towers, a daytimer with 5000 watts. By 1972, two towers were added and night service began. (10KW Day, 5KW night-DA2) Many back then, thought that it should have never been approved.

From the Department of "On Again, Off Again," K277DE is on the air. Let's see where you can hear this 250 watt translator.

Was just able to pick it up in the truck, in stereo, with RDS (well, a PTY at least). Comes in just fine on a Tivoli table radio inside my house in Spring as well.

On my evening commute: No reception of K277DE near downtown or at the West Loop at 290. However the signal was overtaking KJOJ around 290 at Tidwell, and got stronger going north on the Beltway. Decent signal at my Cy-Fair location, completely overriding KJOJ. The signal pattern is E-W, so it should put a listenable signal over much of north Harris County.

In the Heights KJOJ was overtaking K277DE and was driving towards my home on Jensen close to Crosstimbers! 59 and Crosstimbers area!!

I heard a little on Irvington and 610 but then lost signal and wasn't listenable at all from there on.

Thank you Mediafrog and MrTejano. Both of your reports are pretty much what I expected. My son, Lance lives in Spring and heard a very good signal. I would like to hear if it gets into Humble or even Kingwood. However, I have doubts about Kingwood and The Woodlands. I also have doubts about Tomball. However, I intend to drive it this weekend and listen. Like I stated before, I don't expect much from 250 watts.

Thank you Mediafrog and MrTejano. Both of your reports are pretty much what I expected. My son, Lance lives in Spring and heard a very good signal. I would like to hear if it gets into Humble or even Kingwood. However, I have doubts about Kingwood and The Woodlands. I also have doubts about Tomball. However, I intend to drive it this weekend and listen. Like I stated before, I don't expect much from 250 watts.

250W can get out pretty well... for example K236AR, 99 watts out of Sugarland can regularly be heard in Spring, Tomball, etc.

Was able to pick it up from 45 north and Tidwell very choppy the. Very listenable close to greenspoint

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom