• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Whatever Happened To Joe Cortez?

He was doing Back To The 80's Friday Night until WBMX temporarily dumped 80's music. I haven't heard him in a long while. I was just wondering where he ended up?

Pretty sure it's spelled Cortese...found this (still lives in the area...?)

https://wallradio.com/joe-cortese/
WALL Radio Orange County and the Hudson Valley's Greatest Hits--Saturdays 8 pm to Mid

>Consistency has marked Joe’s entire career. For the past 32 years, Joe has showcased his talents at CBS radio WBMX/WODS Boston. He joined the station in 1983 for nights when it was WROR and has held middays since the station became Mix 98.5 in 1991, he is also the host of one of Boston’s most popular specialty shows “Back to the 80’s Friday night”.
In 2001 he added management and production at WODS in the CBS Boston cluster. As station ironman and one of Boston’s longest running radio hosts, Joe jokes, “On the frequency 98.5, I’ve played everything from Patsy Cline to Pearl Jam

I thought he still did production at 103.3 and 104.1? Think he may even partially run a Back to the 80s Friday night show on 103.3 HD2 still.

I've heard him doing "Back to the '80s Friday Night" on 103.3 HD2 as recently as last year. I haven't checked lately, he may be still doing it. Check your HD radios on a Friday evening.

Yes, he is still doing ""Back to the '80s Friday Night" on 103.3 HD2, Fridays from 7pm to midnight. You can also listen online. I still listen whenever I get the chance.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom