• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dave and Chuck Contract Extension

It's more of a simulcast than an affiliate, but it is an indication of their success that Beasley is airing them in another market.

The show is tanking in Boston and significantly pulling WBOS's ratings down. I'm surprised to read this show is a success in Detroit. It sounds totally out of place in Boston, particularly on this station.

The show is tanking in Boston and significantly pulling WBOS's ratings down. I'm surprised to read this show is a success in Detroit. It sounds totally out of place in Boston, particularly on this station.

Wow you're right...the station has dropped almost a full point from 2.8 to a 1.9 in 3 months since adding the show. YIKES! Obviously something needs to change. Maybe they need to spend some time at Fenway Park.

I thought it was a stretch to extend them to another market. Frankly, I don't understand why they pull listeners in here, but they do. Pretty broad spectrum of listeners too. I know young soccer moms who like them. I never really listen to them, but will speculate that they're basically still running a Detroit centric show, so that would be unlikely to appeal to Beantown listeners.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom