• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KKVI-LP (Emory, TX)

R

Radio Observer

Who can figure out what's going on with this station? It's in Emory, an application is filed to move it to Garland. The application is dismissed. Another application is filed to move it way out of Emory. That application is dismissed (at the request of the applicant). Another application is filed to move it a short distance within Emory. Does and know what's going on with this station or is it owned by a drunk and very indecisive person?

Drunk squirrels may be more like it. I've reviewed their application list on the FCC database and it sure seems like drunk squirrels to me.

KKVI is the "primary" station for the 95.9 Garland Transmitter. They've been illegally originating programming from the Garland location for several years now, looks like they attempted to make it at least somewhat legal.

Edit: Looks like it got changed to KFYA which is on the same tower but has a different owner.

Either way, their website makes no sense. http://www.kkvidfw.com/

Last edited:
Interesting. I was wondering when that name (Bill Wright) would pop up, again. Years ago, he was investigated while operating "KEGG-FM 91.1" in Daingerfield. The problem? There was no KEGG-FM! It was a translator that he was programming as a regular station from a local studio. I'm not sure how he got away with that one. The translator was licensed for 250 watts and he was running a 500 watt PTEK amplifier into an 8-bay antenna! (2kw. effective radiated power.) How does this guy get away with these shenanigans? Is the FCC even aware or, do I need to make a phone call? People like this, who scoff at the rules are what make it difficult for those of us who follow the rules to exist.

And I might add, such violators reduce the level of mercy the FCC might dole out when a licensee has an unintended violation. You kind of get hardened to it and just assume everybody is trying to get away with something. I agree the violators make it hard for those that follow the rules and there's nothing like the patience you need when that violator is causing your station harm.

Interesting. I was wondering when that name (Bill Wright) would pop up, again. Years ago, he was investigated while operating "KEGG-FM 91.1" in Daingerfield. The problem? There was no KEGG-FM! It was a translator that he was programming as a regular station from a local studio. I'm not sure how he got away with that one. The translator was licensed for 250 watts and he was running a 500 watt PTEK amplifier into an 8-bay antenna! (2kw. effective radiated power.) How does this guy get away with these shenanigans? Is the FCC even aware or, do I need to make a phone call? People like this, who scoff at the rules are what make it difficult for those of us who follow the rules to exist.

I remember that. You could pick it up clearly in Kilgore next to a sign that said "Daingerfield 52 miles." I'm not sure that Bill Wright was involved, but I thought it was pretty amazing that a 250 watt translator had that kind of coverage.

That 95.7 LPFM in "Sachse" is another station that is clearly running more power than legally allowed. There is no way you can have a 10 watt signal and have full stereo quieting in Blue Ridge, not to mention step all over a licensed translator that has 25 times the power.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom