• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Video of WSUN promotions event 1993

WSUN AM 620 promotion at the Clearwater Mall - January 1993

Thank you Coolaid 213 and Rich Marino for uploading and allowing this video to be seen and enjoyed! ; unfortunately the media scene has changed so much since then and not always for the better. At the beginning of the video it was mentioned that an article in the Saint Petersburg Times mentioned the event and that in itself probably drew a lot of people to the Clearwater Mall that weren't already listening to WSUN-620. (There are some exceptions, but I'm not aware of any in Hillsborough or Pinellas counties)

AM radio was still relevant as were newspapers in 1993 and now each seem to be becoming less relevant day by day.

The people in the mall coming up for autographs from Rick and Suds, Randi Rhodes, Neil, and Bob Lassiter seemed generally enthused and enjoying the event.

Last edited:
You're welcome, and thanks Cedric for posting about it. They were such a great station. I used to be proud to tell people that I listened to talk radio. A lot has changed in 25 years.

Your video is a great piece of history. I'd love to see more stuff like that. I thought there was a similar video of a WPLP event at Westshore Mall with Lassiter and David Fowler, but apparently it only exists in audio form. I found audio from the remote on YouTube, but I could swear I saw some VHS clips from the event a few years back. Lassiter was such a huge influence, what a guy. He probably could have done more with his career if he was a sellout, but he kept it real to the end.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom