• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AFTRA CBS ETM question

Deleted User

Star Participant
I know WRKO is a non union shop, and I will assume the rest of the Entercom properties in Boston are too, but IIRC CBS is a union shop ( the reason WODS and other stations have a board op on duty overnights) , so how is this going to work when it is all one big happy family?

Theoretically speaking they probably can have some Union stations and some non-union stations.

Let's take a look at retail for a minute. Stop and Shop has some union stores and others that are not. I think in CT, Mass, and RI they are union and I think in NJ and NY they aren't. And they have two different divisions of Giant one based in PA and one based in MD which has locations in MD, DC, DE, and VA. One division is Union and the other division is not.

Shaw's too. When Shaw's was in CT they were a Union Shop. In Maine they are not. I can't speak for Mass, RI, VT or, NH. Their Philly-area sister chain ACME is Union.

Now Shoprite which is a NJ based co-op grocery chain where most of the 220+ stores are independently owned and operated so it's up to each owner whether or not they are union. They are about 20 (or so stores) that are not independently owned and operated and are owned by parent company Wakerfern.

I know WRKO is a non union shop, and I will assume the rest of the Entercom properties in Boston are too, but IIRC CBS is a union shop ( the reason WODS and other stations have a board op on duty overnights) , so how is this going to work when it is all one big happy family?

Some CBS Radio Boston stations are union, some are not. The contracts for each station that are in a union will move to any new company.

I thought all the CBS Boston stations were AFTRA. Can you tell us which CBS stations are working under a union contract and which are open shops?

I learned something new today !!!

I thought all the CBS Boston stations were AFTRA. Can you tell us which CBS stations are working under a union contract and which are open shops?

I learned something new today !!!

WODS, WBZ AM, WBMX are all SAG-AFTRA but different contracts.
WBZ FM is union I believe, but not SAG-AFTRA.
As for WZLX, I don't know.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom