• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Canadian TV Commercials

Watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs from a Canadian perspective has turned up several interesting commercials.

GM is now advertising car leases in Canada with weekly and bi-weekly payments instead of monthly as is the standard in the USA. Instead of $200/month they advertise $50/week or $100/bi-weekly. This has the effect of paying the lease a bit faster but, supposedly, with interest a bit less since the outstanding balance is reduced more quickly. There might be another reason but it doesn't come to mind at the moment (other than seemingly to advertise a lower cost).

And the province of Ontario is advertising they passed a law which requires all auto pricing advertising to be totally inclusive. That means sellers cannot advertise a low-ball base price and then tack on other fees such as "documentation". This seems an exceptionally good idea from a country which seems to be much more consumer friendly than the USA.

Watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs from a Canadian perspective has turned up several interesting commercials.

GM is now advertising car leases in Canada with weekly and bi-weekly payments instead of monthly as is the standard in the USA. Instead of $200/month they advertise $50/week or $100/bi-weekly. This has the effect of paying the lease a bit faster but, supposedly, with interest a bit less since the outstanding balance is reduced more quickly. There might be another reason but it doesn't come to mind at the moment (other than seemingly to advertise a lower cost).

And the province of Ontario is advertising they passed a law which requires all auto pricing advertising to be totally inclusive. That means sellers cannot advertise a low-ball base price and then tack on other fees such as "documentation". This seems an exceptionally good idea from a country which seems to be much more consumer friendly than the USA.

How are you getting the Canadian coverage? just aksing.

Bi weekly for cars is total BS. All they're really trying to do is make the price look cheaper to the eye.
I guess car dealers all think we're stupid here in Canada. I'm not fooled.

Bi weekly for cars is total BS. All they're really trying to do is make the price look cheaper to the eye.
I guess car dealers all think we're stupid here in Canada. I'm not fooled.

A few independent used car dealers in the States also use this tactic but I haven't seen it advertised in a very long time. Typically, they are the people selling pieces of junk to buyers who have no credit or their credit is so bad they can't get loans. They used to have signs on their lots saying "Buy Here, Pay Here" and generally they wanted their money weekly.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom