• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Eric and Kathy

Dr Wayne

Leading Participant
Kathy has been missing from the Eric and Kathy Show. A leak last week reported that a top rated morning team are not speaking to each other and only communicating via their producers. Could this be the end of the morning team?

Here is the latest from Robert Feeder.

"Radio Hall of Famer Kathy Hart temporarily has stepped aside from the popular morning radio show she co-hosts with Eric Ferguson on Hubbard Radio hot adult-contemporary WTMX FM 101.9.

Except for an abbreviated appearance last Monday, she’s been off the air since April 27, with listeners given no explanation for her absence. No one at the station — including her co-host — seems to have any idea when Hart will be back.

“I honestly do not know what is going on,” Ferguson said Wednesday. “All I know is that she’s off for an undetermined amount of time. I’m not clear about when she’s going to be back. Regardless of what it is, I’m hoping that she’s OK.”

Jeff England, vice president and market manager of Hubbard Radio Chicago, was equally vague, saying only: “Kathy is taking some time off.”

Hart, 52, who lives in Lincolnshire with her husband and three children, responded to inquiries with a text message that read: “Omg funny. No drama.” She declined further comment.

Now in its 20th year on The Mix, “The Eric & Kathy Show” remains a ratings and revenue juggernaut. In the latest Nielsen Audio survey, the show ranked second overall with a 6.7 percent share and cumulative weekly audience of 699,100. Among listeners between 25 and 54 — the group most sought by advertisers — it consistently is the highest-rated morning show on Chicago radio.

In announcing contract renewals for Ferguson and Hart last January, Drew Horowitz, president and chief operating officer of Hubbard Radio, said: “I’m thrilled to have the most successful morning show team in Chicago radio history continuing their run on The Mix and remaining an integral part of Hubbard Radio.”

Ferguson and Hart were inducted in the National Radio Hall of Fame in November 2016."

Even without being a listener of their dhow, I can't imagine that it will be the the end of their show, as far as I have been aware of they are the top rated morning show either AM or FM, and plus they have to be the longest serving duo of a man and a woman team that are not married to each other. WGN Radio's Bill Leff and Wendy Synder could hardly count as a long running duo, as they used to work with each other, then went their separate ways before reuniting on WGN Radio when Wendy Synder was hired to become his co-host.

What also is strange, Kathy's husband bought a closed restaurant in Highwood, Illinois named Bertucci's. He was going to renovate the building and re-open the restaurant under a new name in 2015. Construction work started in 2014 but came to an abrupt stop. The unfinished work still stands at the property today.

Last edited:
He might have hit a snag that has kept him from doing the work he needs to do to get it reopened and under a new name, as if it has taken this long I don't think he will ever get it reopened.

I have removed copyrighted material from this thread.
When posting material which is copyrighted, you must limit the text to about one paragraph.
You must also include a link to the website from which you obtained the material.

Thanks for your understanding.

frank berry
I don't mean to sound rude, but can you please post something other then to make an announcement that you cut something that t you don't like in there?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom